none
Microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,i have dell inspiron and using windows 7 basic on it,my 

Microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter is missing from it,however it tried to install it from your site but its still not showing,either provide me a liable link or any workaround for this problem.i already read your threads regarding this

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 8:21 AM

Answers

• You need to visit DELL's website to download and install the latest driver for wireless network adapter which is compatible to your model as well as OS.

S.Sengupta, Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 12:47 PM
  • Hi,

Microsoft Virtual Wi-Fi Miniport is a device driver that lets you wirelessly share your Internet connection to other devices. It won't show up in Network Connections by default unless you allow it.

To enable hostednetwork:

Run CMD as a administrator.

Type such commands below:

netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=Hotspot key=Password keyUsage=persistent

netsh wlan start hostednetwork

Andy Altmann
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 9:43 AM

All replies

• You need to visit DELL's website to download and install the latest driver for wireless network adapter which is compatible to your model as well as OS.

S.Sengupta, Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 12:47 PM
  • Hi,

Microsoft Virtual Wi-Fi Miniport is a device driver that lets you wirelessly share your Internet connection to other devices. It won't show up in Network Connections by default unless you allow it.

To enable hostednetwork:

Run CMD as a administrator.

Type such commands below:

netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=Hotspot key=Password keyUsage=persistent

netsh wlan start hostednetwork

Andy Altmann
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 9:43 AM
  • Hi,

I face similar problem of enabling Virtual WiFi Adapter while developing my software (winhotspot).

As Andy Altmann  suggested you can use netsh command or you can download my software it will automatically enable the virtual WiFi adapter.

If you are using windows 7 you can create a adhoc network , By doing so Windows 7 will automatically install Virtual WiFi Drivers and enable the adapter.

I have a adhoc button in winhotspot in older version (1.2.41-1.2.42)

Thanks

Harsha

Developer of Virtual WiFi Hotspot

Sunday, April 6, 2014 8:09 AM