Office 365 , Office 2016, Sharpoint (One Dive for Business) New Sync fails - help please RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have just done a new provision for Office 365, which has included brand new Office 2016 installations for the clients.
    1 client was on Windows 7, the other 3 clients were on Windows 10

Office 2016 installed fine.... then I did the One Drive sync that uses "One Drive" and all was good.

I then went to the SharePoint section on the Admin control panel, and then clicked "Sync" and it initiated "One Drive for Business"... which goes through the folder to sync to etc.... then just as it finishes it says;

"Your OneDrive for Business files will no longer sync using this application, To continue syncing your files, please use the latest OneDrive application"

I follow the instructions to get the lastest OneDrive and it initiates OneDrive (not for business) and this doesn;t tie into SharePoint... it says "you already have the "oneDrive account created" which is the One Drive sync (not sharepoint)

So how do I sync SharePoint to the desktop.... this works perfectly fine on Windows 7... but all 3 windows 10 had the error. All were fresh installs of Office 2016 from the Office 365 Business Premium admin control panel

Thanks in advance

Tristan

Monday, July 17, 2017 7:23 PM

All replies

• Just giving this a boost as no one is commenting

This is happening so often on Windows 10 machines.... I can't be the only one

Thursday, July 27, 2017 11:36 AM