Microsoft Edge RRS feed

• Question

•  I am running Windows 10 Enterprise Technical Preview, build 10041. Would love to play around Microsoft Edge and test our web products on it. How do I get it? It is not in the "All Apps" list when I press "Start"

I checked windows update and see the following message:
    There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help:
    fbl_impressive 10041 Enterprise - Error 0x8024a206
    • Edited by Viktorka Wednesday, May 6, 2015 5:47 AM
    Wednesday, May 6, 2015 5:45 AM

Answers

• Microsoft Edge is said to be the name of the new browser that will replace Internet Explorer.

Right now there is no Microsoft Edge. Instead there is Project Spartan which, you could call it, the predecessor of the future Microsoft Edge.

Your build 10041 does NOT have Project Spartan.

Project Spartan comes with build 10049, 10061 and the most recent build 10074.

You are 3 builds behind. Why your Windows Update does not update you to the current build is beyond me.

If interested, here is the download link to 10074 Enterprise version...........

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/evaluate-windows-enterprise-insider-preview

Product key : VTNMT-2FMYP-QCY43-QR9VK-WTVCK

Wednesday, May 6, 2015 6:44 AM

All replies

• Microsoft Edge is said to be the name of the new browser that will replace Internet Explorer.

Right now there is no Microsoft Edge. Instead there is Project Spartan which, you could call it, the predecessor of the future Microsoft Edge.

Your build 10041 does NOT have Project Spartan.

Project Spartan comes with build 10049, 10061 and the most recent build 10074.

You are 3 builds behind. Why your Windows Update does not update you to the current build is beyond me.

If interested, here is the download link to 10074 Enterprise version...........

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/evaluate-windows-enterprise-insider-preview

Product key : VTNMT-2FMYP-QCY43-QR9VK-WTVCK

Wednesday, May 6, 2015 6:44 AM
  • After reboot I was able to successfully update to build 10074.

unfortunately the default product key I received a half of yer ago did not let me to activate Windows. yet, the product key you provided worked, thanks.
    Wednesday, May 6, 2015 6:46 PM
  • you are welcome.
    Wednesday, May 6, 2015 6:49 PM