I just had a blue screen now what can i do ? I suspect its the memory the physical ram but im not sure how can i check it ? RRS feed

• Question

• I didnt have enough time to view the blue screen i  just know it had some long numbers above in the bottom i saw Disk: and numbers running fast then the compter restarted.

And i must say that my pc is not working perfect for some times but the blue screen just came up now after a long time.

It could be also the video card maybe over heating but again now i cant be sure.

I downloaded now memtest86 and burnt it to a dvd media but i didnt run it yet i will it later on today for tests.

But if it will not find any memory problem is that mean the problem is more in the video card ?

Now after the pc came up again now i have a message: Windows had recovered from unexcpected shutdown and i can check for solutions or cancel.

Inside the message window i see: BlueScreen
      OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
      Locale ID:    1037

Additional information about the problem:
      BCCode:    3b
      BCP1:    00000000C0000005
      BCP2:    FFFFF9600014C710
      BCP3:    FFFFF880048AAC10
      BCP4:    0000000000000000
      OS Version:    6_1_7601
      Service Pack:    1_0
      Product:    768_1

I have windows 7 64bit and 6gb ram and video card gtx 580 nvidia latest drivers.

What should i do next ?

danieli

Saturday, June 2, 2012 5:35 AM

Answers

• Hi Danieli,

You can test the issue in Safe Mode to check whether this issue is related to the hardware.

Regarding the BSOD error code 3b, you can refer to Bug Check 0x3B: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

To check the this issue, please locate the dump file in the \Windows\Minidump folder and upload it so that we can analyze it. Before we could get your Minidump files, you can check following:

1. Whether you have installed updates or drivers before this happened?

2. Scan your computer for computer viruses.

3. Update all your drivers

Furthermore, I suggest that you can contact Microsoft Customer Support Service (CSS) for assistance so that this problem can be resolved efficiently.

Microsoft Customer Support Service (CSS)

Hope this helps.

Vincent Wang

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Leo Huang Friday, June 15, 2012 9:27 AM
    Monday, June 4, 2012 9:06 AM

All replies

• I have to add that last night i played battlefield bad company 2 on full settings my pc should get it without a problem but after some playing not so long the game started to stutter for the first minute i was sure its a lag but then i knew its something else since the game froze for some second once even for 10-20 seconds just froze not just a lag and this is not the first time it happen in this game or battlefield 3 but most im playing bfbc2.

Sometimes even using the pc regular uisng c# for programming the pc dosent move smooth taking a lot of time to load things or move between windows.

I have this dmp file the blue window created but im not sure how to run it i tried to open it and it opened it through visua studio c# 2010 pro and throwed me error couldnt load HRESULT...The file name is: 060212-26005-01.dmp

I have also a file created after the blue screen: WER-48609-0.sysdata.xml i can edit it through notepad but im not sure how and what to look for there.

Maybe i can upload the xml file to somewhere so you can check it ?

danieli

Saturday, June 2, 2012 5:44 AM
  • I just ran now memtest86 it did 8 passes without any errors.

Then i did the: Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool test also without any errors.

What does it mean ? My memories ram are ok and it mostly the problem with the video card ?

danieli

Saturday, June 2, 2012 8:09 AM
  • This is the sysdata.xml file content i uploaded it: http://uploading.com/files/m5bmc747/WER-48609-0.sysdata.xml/

And is there anywhere or any software to diagnostic the video card ? I have nvidia gtx 580 but couldnt find anywhere a diagnostic software for it.

danieli

Saturday, June 2, 2012 8:23 AM
  • Hi Danieli,

You can test the issue in Safe Mode to check whether this issue is related to the hardware.

Regarding the BSOD error code 3b, you can refer to Bug Check 0x3B: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

To check the this issue, please locate the dump file in the \Windows\Minidump folder and upload it so that we can analyze it. Before we could get your Minidump files, you can check following:

1. Whether you have installed updates or drivers before this happened?

2. Scan your computer for computer viruses.

3. Update all your drivers

Furthermore, I suggest that you can contact Microsoft Customer Support Service (CSS) for assistance so that this problem can be resolved efficiently.

Microsoft Customer Support Service (CSS)

Hope this helps.

Vincent Wang

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Leo Huang Friday, June 15, 2012 9:27 AM
    Monday, June 4, 2012 9:06 AM