none
RAID Configuration RRS feed

• Question

• I have an HP Proliant Server with a RAID card installed.  When I run the installation for the RAID configuration on the HP and then install the Foundation Software, my RAID configuration goes.  Is there a solution for this or can a RAID configuration be used on Foundation Server 2008.

Solomon

The Widows Son
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 9:31 PM

Answers

• Yeah just load the HP smart start CD and use HP SMART ARRAY ALU wizard.. to do your configurations. be it if is raid 1 or raid 5.. you can use HP Smart start CD to guide you thru your installation. Such CD you can easily obtain from HP customer care. :)
    Guowen Su | CCNA, CCIP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCTS, MCITP, CEH | http://www.microsoft.com/en/sg/default.aspx Our Goal? VERY SATISFIED Customers. If you're not...let's talk!! Please don't vote me for answers... because i do not want others to feels that i'm cheating ? :) In any case God knows :)
    • Proposed as answer by Soh.M Tuesday, July 26, 2011 5:27 AM
    • Marked as answer by Kevin Remde Monday, November 14, 2011 11:35 AM
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 5:27 AM
  • Solomonoenonoe, Use the HP array configuration tools, that will configure your RAID on a hardware side of the house, then when you goto install Windows, you will see a physical disk presented to the OS (for example you have an HP DL320 with 2x 146GB drives.  You run the HP array config (part of thier smart start package, puts all the ROM ware) and mirror them.  Then pop in the Windows disk, Windows should only be seeing 1 single 146 GB drive at that point as an option to install to.  IF that is not working right with the HP raid, you will need to contact HP server support, I know this works just fine on the Dell and HP servers in my lab
    • Proposed as answer by Jason Hiegel Saturday, July 23, 2011 9:32 PM
    Friday, July 22, 2011 12:25 AM

All replies

• Solomonoenonoe, Use the HP array configuration tools, that will configure your RAID on a hardware side of the house, then when you goto install Windows, you will see a physical disk presented to the OS (for example you have an HP DL320 with 2x 146GB drives.  You run the HP array config (part of thier smart start package, puts all the ROM ware) and mirror them.  Then pop in the Windows disk, Windows should only be seeing 1 single 146 GB drive at that point as an option to install to.  IF that is not working right with the HP raid, you will need to contact HP server support, I know this works just fine on the Dell and HP servers in my lab
    • Proposed as answer by Jason Hiegel Saturday, July 23, 2011 9:32 PM
    Friday, July 22, 2011 12:25 AM
  • Yeah just load the HP smart start CD and use HP SMART ARRAY ALU wizard.. to do your configurations. be it if is raid 1 or raid 5.. you can use HP Smart start CD to guide you thru your installation. Such CD you can easily obtain from HP customer care. :)
    Guowen Su | CCNA, CCIP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCTS, MCITP, CEH | http://www.microsoft.com/en/sg/default.aspx Our Goal? VERY SATISFIED Customers. If you're not...let's talk!! Please don't vote me for answers... because i do not want others to feels that i'm cheating ? :) In any case God knows :)
    • Proposed as answer by Soh.M Tuesday, July 26, 2011 5:27 AM
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 5:27 AM