Starting a PerformancePoint Dashboard - Need real time info that has gone through a calculation RRS feed

• Question

• We're making a Dashboard that's taking info from a Sharepoint 2010 List. It's supposed to display a person's name and picture, when they leave, how long they have to get back, and how much percent of the time they have left. Ex:

(picture)

Lindsay Hofer

Time Out: 7:36 AM

Time Allowed: 5 minutes

Time Left: 100%

We want a border around that changes color according to the percentage, but that's mostly an add on, not necessary. What we're having trouble figuring out is how to get the percentage of time to update instantaneously, or as close to that as possible. We figure we can do the calculation part in Sharepoint easily, but it doesn't update fast enough. We can get the info to update fairly fast on Dashboard Designer, but, unless I'm mistaken, we can't do the math on DD.

Help in any way would be appreciated. Thanks.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011 12:44 PM

Answers

• By math if you mean creating custom calculations using 2 or more values then yes, you can do a lot math in DD 2010 under measure calculation.

The thing that you might look at is cache lifetime setting which retains data in cache for specified amount of time. In PPS 2010 it would be available under PerformancePoint Services Application Settings

http://dailyitsolutions.blogspot.com/
    Tuesday, March 8, 2011 1:31 PM

All replies

• By math if you mean creating custom calculations using 2 or more values then yes, you can do a lot math in DD 2010 under measure calculation.

The thing that you might look at is cache lifetime setting which retains data in cache for specified amount of time. In PPS 2010 it would be available under PerformancePoint Services Application Settings

http://dailyitsolutions.blogspot.com/
    Tuesday, March 8, 2011 1:31 PM
  • Hello Lindsay,

I'm hoping to achieve similar things. Were you successful in getting the behavior you describe, i.e. get the percentage number to update very frequently? I presume every few seconds or so. Or maybe once per minute.

If you were successful, could you please share some details.

Thanks

Wednesday, April 6, 2011 5:05 PM