Ok, I'm having some rundll32.exe errors...in windows media center edition... RRS feed

• Question

• Please note that THIS ISN'T VISTA!! IT'S MEDIA CENTER EDITION!!

Thank you for your patience.

And, yeah, there are no help articles that partain to it.

Whenever I open control panel, I find that I cannot open any of the subfolders due to the fact that I get this error message:

---

C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe

Application not found

---

Note that the "Pagebreaks" aren't a part of it, they're just there for convienience(SP?).

I am also having problems opening any .exe files. I have a feeling that this is directly connected to the problem. More speciffically, I am not being able to directly open .exe files, I have to select the same file from a "Run with..." list.

Should I just System restore and (Hopefully) get this over with?

I don't know my exact system info, but I'll update when I find a solution that works.

Aww man, Now I have to Copy and paste this to media center edition...just ignore this.

Saturday, May 1, 2010 12:20 PM

All replies

• Please note that THIS ISN'T VISTA!! IT'S MEDIA CENTER EDITION!!

Thank you for your patience.

And, yeah, there are no help articles that partain to it.

Whenever I open control panel, I find that I cannot open any of the subfolders due to the fact that I get this error message:

---why is this here?

C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe

Application not found

---

Note that the "Pagebreaks" aren't a part of it, they're just there for convienience(SP?).

I am also having problems opening any .exe files. I have a feeling that this is directly connected to the problem. More speciffically, I am not being able to directly open .exe files, I have to select the same file from a "Run with..." list.

Should I just System restore and (Hopefully) get this over with?

I don't know my exact system info, but I'll update when I find a solution that works.

Aww man, Now I have to Copy and paste this to media center edition...just ignore this.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010 11:29 AM