program compatibility RRS feed

• Question

• Parsons Address book 7.0 works fine with windows xp service pack 3. Parsons no longer exists.
    It will not install on windows seven. I set compatibility mode to this and it still will not install.
    Sunday, December 20, 2009 7:38 PM

Answers

• Hi Chuck,

See if you have tried all the following settings:

Right click on the .exe, selecting Properties from the menu, select Compatibility tab, choose Windows XP (Service Pack 3), under "Settings", better check "Disable visual themes" and "Disable desktop composition". You will have to play around those settings if one combination does not work.

Remember to check "Run this program as an administrator".

If still no go, you can try run the application in Windows XP mode.

Windows XP Mode (XPM) allows you to run your Windows XP apps in a virtual environment alongside your Windows 7 apps in the same desktop. It was designed by Microsoft to ease the transition from XP to Windows 7.

Here is how to get started with XPM.

In the end, I would like to say that Parsons Address book 7.0 is really out dated and it has been builded in an advanced software. See below:

http://www.broderbund.com/store/broder/en_US/DisplayProductDetailsPage/productID.110592200

You can consider switch to the new product.

• Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Friday, December 25, 2009 9:20 AM
    Monday, December 21, 2009 4:50 AM

All replies

• Hi Chuck,

See if you have tried all the following settings:

Right click on the .exe, selecting Properties from the menu, select Compatibility tab, choose Windows XP (Service Pack 3), under "Settings", better check "Disable visual themes" and "Disable desktop composition". You will have to play around those settings if one combination does not work.

Remember to check "Run this program as an administrator".

If still no go, you can try run the application in Windows XP mode.

Windows XP Mode (XPM) allows you to run your Windows XP apps in a virtual environment alongside your Windows 7 apps in the same desktop. It was designed by Microsoft to ease the transition from XP to Windows 7.

Here is how to get started with XPM.

In the end, I would like to say that Parsons Address book 7.0 is really out dated and it has been builded in an advanced software. See below:

http://www.broderbund.com/store/broder/en_US/DisplayProductDetailsPage/productID.110592200

You can consider switch to the new product.

• Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Friday, December 25, 2009 9:20 AM
    Monday, December 21, 2009 4:50 AM
  • I use Address Book 6, greatest EVER!!. I installed it in Windows 7 in January and it worked fine, except got  error message when printing envelopes, but printed labels fine. My hard drive crashed, I reinstalled and now its not working with my Duplex printer.

(you install by opening your disc, open file called adbook 6.0, click t32 to run set up.  You need to copy all the files from your previous computer)

I do not know why its not working with my duplex printer. Its printing labels in duplex mode. Before it would know that it was a one page item and just print in one pass thru the printer, now it prints on the second pass, or gives me message "check paper size".  I am using the same printer etc as before with W7, just a new hard drive.

2 - How does the product you link to compare to Address Book 6? Thanks

Wednesday, April 21, 2010 7:43 PM
  • Wow, I have been searching for a couple of years for a way to use my Parsons Address book 6.0 on 64bit Windows. You are the first person who had an easy answer. I may have to go to other forums and give them the news. It worked fine on a new laptop. I have ordered the newest version of Printshop from Broderbund on a pre-order basis. It may have some nice upgrades, but it is nice to know that I can make the transition to Win 7 without it. This has been a terrific program for me, one of the most valuable that I have. Thanks, Lew
    Tuesday, August 23, 2011 3:30 AM