none
Problem backing up 1tb tar file RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am getting the below error on a .tar.gz file that i am trying to back up this file is 1.05TB in size, the file has been backed up by dpm before with no issues, there are also other .tar.gz files in the backup folder that are backing up with no problems but they are all significantly smaller in size.

There is also excess disk space available for the backup to be housed on DPMs disks.

I have already attempted rebuilding the protection group to no avail, does anyone know if there is a file size limit for DPM on a single file ?

DPM could not back up some of the required files for this data source. This could be caused by intermittent failures, or by a file type that is unsupported. If this backup is for a deduplicated volume, then some or all of the deduplicated files might not be recoverable from this recovery point.
    Number of files that failed to synchronize: 1
    During the next synchronization, DPM will try to back up these files again. (ID 32526)

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 7:12 AM

Answers

• Just to close this one off, after the file being broken down DPM backs the file up perfectly, now to find a 1tb file to see if i can get this to replicate on a test NW.

• Marked as answer by ONELAN_IT Monday, June 16, 2014 7:18 AM
    Monday, June 16, 2014 7:18 AM

All replies

• Run a checkdisk on the Server where the File is on.

Mayber there is a corruption.

Seidl Michael | http://www.techguy.at | twitter.com/techguyat | facebook.com/techguyat

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 1:20 PM
  • Hi Seidl,

I have run checkdisk and it found no problems, i am getting the owners of the file to split it down into smaller chunks as it is part of a linux backup file set.

Another backup job may be run before the breakup of the file happens so will have a fresh file in there to see if the issue occurs again.

Friday, June 13, 2014 8:37 AM
  • Just to close this one off, after the file being broken down DPM backs the file up perfectly, now to find a 1tb file to see if i can get this to replicate on a test NW.

• Marked as answer by ONELAN_IT Monday, June 16, 2014 7:18 AM
    Monday, June 16, 2014 7:18 AM