Missing MMC Folder RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, hopefully I can get some help. I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and all hell has broken loose. First, my netgear 3100 wireless adapter disappeared. I went to go to the device manager to upgrade to the new driver, but was told the devmgmt.msc is missing. Not only is it missing, but under windows/system32 there is no MMC folder at all. All this was working when I first upgraded, or at least the wireless connection was working, until I got an update from Microsoft. Can anyone tell me a way to fix this problem? Thanks in advance.
    Wednesday, November 25, 2015 2:09 PM

Answers

• Start --> Run --> Type MMC 

Does it work ? 

Try copying the exe from other system

Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Proposed as answer by arnavsharma Wednesday, December 9, 2015 10:09 PM
    • Marked as answer by Michael_LS Friday, December 18, 2015 5:39 AM
    Thursday, November 26, 2015 2:51 AM
  • Hi,

This issue may occur when one or more of the .dll files that are used by the Microsoft Management Console (MMC) are missing or corrupted. These files include the following:

Msxmll.dll Msxml2.dll Msxml3.dll

To resolve this issue, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.

2. At the command prompt, type cd %windir%\system32, and then press ENTER.

Note the %Windir% folder is the folder where you installed Microsoft Windows.

3. Type the following commands. Press ENTER after each command.

Regsvr32 Msxml.dll

Regsvr32 Msxml2.dll

Regsvr32 Msxml3.dll

In Windows 10, maybe only the third one works.

4. Type exit, and then press ENTER to close the Command Prompt window.

5. Restart the computer.

If the issue still persist, try using Windows 10 ISO to perform an inplace repair. Select upgrade to keep your personal profile.

Regards,

D. Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Deason Wu Monday, December 7, 2015 3:18 AM
    Monday, December 7, 2015 1:44 AM

All replies

• Start --> Run --> Type MMC 

Does it work ? 

Try copying the exe from other system

Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, November 26, 2015 2:51 AM
  • Sorry for the delay, I had to wait to get back to work. I did that, and it says that the mmc file is unavailable. When I go to System32, there is no MMC folder. Thank you for your help.
    Monday, November 30, 2015 1:54 PM
  • Hi,

This issue may occur when one or more of the .dll files that are used by the Microsoft Management Console (MMC) are missing or corrupted. These files include the following:

Msxmll.dll Msxml2.dll Msxml3.dll

To resolve this issue, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.

2. At the command prompt, type cd %windir%\system32, and then press ENTER.

Note the %Windir% folder is the folder where you installed Microsoft Windows.

3. Type the following commands. Press ENTER after each command.

Regsvr32 Msxml.dll

Regsvr32 Msxml2.dll

Regsvr32 Msxml3.dll

In Windows 10, maybe only the third one works.

4. Type exit, and then press ENTER to close the Command Prompt window.

5. Restart the computer.

If the issue still persist, try using Windows 10 ISO to perform an inplace repair. Select upgrade to keep your personal profile.

Regards,

D. Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Deason Wu Monday, December 7, 2015 3:18 AM
    Monday, December 7, 2015 1:44 AM