Iomega Network drive unmappable RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Ive been directed here from the microsoft help forum.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-networking/network-drive-no-longer-mapped-unable-to-re-map/65dac164-9dda-47c0-be15-14078b2b976f

The basic problem is that my network drive no longer has letters assigned to the different partitions. It is recognisable by my Ps3 which can access all content without issue. When i attempt to remap the drive i am unable to do so for whatever reason.I didnt make any changes to the computer prior to this malfunction (wouldnt know how) so im not sure what went wrong. One day i could access each partition (Photos, movies, music) from within the "computer" bit of the windows explorer, the next day, they arnt there.

Please can someone help me (and explain a solution in a way which wont baffle my luddite brain)?

Thanks, EET

Thursday, March 27, 2014 8:41 AM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your first statement, the current situation is that the network drive indeed isn't mapped.

The second statement indicates that your network drive itself might have something wrong. In addition, please make sure if you have the sufficient permission.

I am confused about your third statement, exclude sending email and surf the internet, what can't you do?

Have you tried to map it to other computer in the same network? How is the result?

If the drive could be mapped to other computer, make sure you have the sufficient permission on that drive. Then re-map it. In the Folder input box, type directly \\computer\share folder, click finish to check the result.

Karen Hu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by 暁北 Monday, April 7, 2014 2:33 AM
    Friday, March 28, 2014 9:39 AM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your first statement, the current situation is that the network drive indeed isn't mapped.

The second statement indicates that your network drive itself might have something wrong. In addition, please make sure if you have the sufficient permission.

I am confused about your third statement, exclude sending email and surf the internet, what can't you do?

Have you tried to map it to other computer in the same network? How is the result?

If the drive could be mapped to other computer, make sure you have the sufficient permission on that drive. Then re-map it. In the Folder input box, type directly \\computer\share folder, click finish to check the result.

Karen Hu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by 暁北 Monday, April 7, 2014 2:33 AM
    Friday, March 28, 2014 9:39 AM
  • Hi Karen,

Thanks for your response. The arrival of my first child put this issue somewhat on the back burner so apologies for the delay in my response. 

To recap. 

My nas drive is fully accessible using my ps3

My nas drive is visible to my pc but each of the drives are designated "?" rather than :x :y :z as usual.

I should have sufficient permission to access all the files as its my home network. The only devices on it are my pc, the nas drive and my ps3. I have tried to map the drive as you described but i get told that " computer " can not be found. I dont have another computer to attempt a remapping. 

My third statement was just to clarify that i haven't been tinkering with any settings which may have caused this problem. 

Can you tell me how to post screen shots which i might use to better explain what im seeing. 

I dont know if this is related but ive recently developed issues with my wi fi adapter on my pc and can no longer connect to my router wirelessly. Are these issues likely to be linked?

Monday, June 23, 2014 9:18 AM