How to Upgrade to windows 10 to windows 10 1903 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have 150+ windows 10 computers with different version (1511 / 1507 / 1607 / 1703 / 1709 / 1803 / 1809)

We are using WSUS (Windows server 2016 - (1607) ) for distribute update to that windows 10 computers.

We need to get all windows 10 computers to windows 10 1903 version.

1. Is it possible to do this using WSUS?

2.Please provide instructions for this.

Thanks,

Waruna.

Waruna

Thursday, June 20, 2019 11:50 AM

All replies

• Hi Waruna,

My advice:

1. The first prerequisite is to ensure that in your environment, these different versions of Windows 10 devices have the latest Cumulative Updates and latest Servicing Stack Updates installed.

2. The second prerequisite, check the computer hardware requirements, please refer to the following article: "Minimum hardware requirements for Windows 10 for desktop editions".

3. In the WSUS console, add the following products and classifications have been selected:
      - Products: Windows 10, Version1903 and later
      - Classifications: Upgrades

4. Since the feature upgrade will bring a large adjustment to the computer, it is crucial to first establish a computer group for testing to verify the upgrade process and results.

5. In the WSUS console, approve the following upgrade to the computer group that needs to be upgraded to Windows 10 Version 1903:
      Feature update to Windows 10 (business editions / consumer editions), version 1903
      Please pay attention to choosing the appropriate language and CPU architecture.

Hope the above can help you.

Regards,
    Yic

Please remember to mark as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 21, 2019 2:50 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your response.

I have followed the above instructions, you have provided, 

We have tested with all Windows 10 versions, I have mentioned above.

But we getting an error on Windows 10 computers (All versions).

Note : I have approved following update only,

Thanks,

Waruna.

Waruna

Friday, June 21, 2019 6:00 AM
  • Hi,

Start with the connection check between the client and the WSUS server:

1. On the client side, use a browser on the client to access the following address:
      http://<yourservername>:8530/selfupdate/iuident.cab
      If the WSUS server is working properly, you will receive iuident.cab download prompts.
      If the WSUS server is not working properly, you may see an error page.

2. On the WSUS server, open the Internet Information Service (IIS) Manager and refer to the screenshot to check if the WSUS site is bound to the correct port.

3. On the WSUS server, open the WSUS console and refer to the screenshot to check if the client computer is reporting to the WSUS server.

Please confirm the above steps for errors.

Also, I noticed that you have tried to approve the upgrade of Windows 10 Version 1903. This is good, but it may be that my expression is flawed. In fact, my suggestion is that after waiting for the client to report to WSUS normally, the WSUS console will prompt you to approve some upgrades, then proceed with the approval, which will prevent you from approving the inaccurate version.

Reply back with the results would be happy to help.

Regards,
    Yic

Please remember to mark as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 24, 2019 6:49 AM