Word 2010 Cursor RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to enlarge the Word 2010 cursor.  I have read several posts that advise to change the mouse pointer style.  I already use a black arrow for my mouse pointer.  However, that pointer does not show in Word where the narrow cursor line cursor still appears.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010 3:57 PM

Answers

•  

Hi,

This was probably accomplished by a setting in the Accessibility Options in the Windows Control Panel. The Mouse tab of that dialog has a setting for the width of the cursor. Additionally, in Control Panel | Mouse, there are settings to make the mouse pointer more easily visible.

Accessing the Control Panel in Vista may be tricky, but from there you should be able to find the correct settings.

If you are still unable to see the cursor, zoom in the Word document.

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

• Marked as answer by Ken Burenga Tuesday, November 2, 2010 8:34 PM
    Friday, October 29, 2010 7:41 AM

All replies

•  

Hi,

This was probably accomplished by a setting in the Accessibility Options in the Windows Control Panel. The Mouse tab of that dialog has a setting for the width of the cursor. Additionally, in Control Panel | Mouse, there are settings to make the mouse pointer more easily visible.

Accessing the Control Panel in Vista may be tricky, but from there you should be able to find the correct settings.

If you are still unable to see the cursor, zoom in the Word document.

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

• Marked as answer by Ken Burenga Tuesday, November 2, 2010 8:34 PM
    Friday, October 29, 2010 7:41 AM
  • Re the above response, how do I get to the "Accessibility Options?"

In Microsoft Word 2010, the "cursor" or "insertion point marker" disappears after 5 seconds.  I want it to be larger and to stay -- not disappear.  What should I do?

Wednesday, December 5, 2012 8:46 PM
  • "Miguel Dedo" wrote in message news:f202e224-cad8-4f2d-a2d1-7b648cc3f215@communitybridge.codeplex.com...
    Re the above response, how do I get to the "Accessibility Options?"
    In Microsoft Word 2010, the "cursor" or "insertion point marker" disappears after 5 seconds. I want it to be larger and to stay -- not disappear. What should I do?

Accessibility options is a Windows setting, so the exact steps depend on your version of the operating system. In Windows 7, it’s called Ease of Access Center (in Control Panel). To see all options in Control Panel, change the “View by” setting to “Small icons.”

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP
    Wednesday, December 5, 2012 10:39 PM