how to using Static Ip in ssp2.0 RRS feed

• Question

• hi:

I set a static ip netwokr configuration in ssp Datacenter setting,and I trid to create vm by using this network configuration, but I found the vms can't  using static ip(vm template:windows 2003/2008r2  ,vmm is scvmm2008r2).

and I found that the netsh cmd (in action xml)is failed to execute :

netsh interface ip set address "Local Area Connection" static 192.168.1.100 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.254 1,netsh interface ip set dnsservers "Local Area Connection" static 192.168.1.1 primary

error :The parameter is incorrect.

is netsh command Support comma  separator?

and another question is how it work on Linux os?

thanks !!

Monday, July 25, 2011 2:13 AM

Answers

• Hi,

1. By default static IP Address assignment may not work for Windows Server 2003 Guest Operating system. However you can modify the default Create Virtual Machine Lock script to have the required Netsh Command. For the Syntax, please refer to :http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc738592(WS.10).aspx#BKMK_1
    2. Default script should work for Windows Server 2008 R2. Can you please check section: "Adding or Editing a Network" ->"To add or edit a network that uses static IP addresses" in "VMM08R2_VMMSSPDatacenterAdministrationGuide" to ensure that your Network is configured correctly to use the static IP Addresses and then select this network during create Virtual Machine Wizard. Also please check that the Network interface name is "Local Area Connection".
    3. You can make use of Linux commands to assign the static IPs by customizing the Create VM Script.

Thanks,

Santosh..

Tuesday, August 2, 2011 8:44 PM