Maximum Oracle tables too access thru PowerQuery ? RRS feed

• Question

• What are the maximum limit of tables to access thru PowerQuery ? I have a client with a DB with over 70 000 tables ?

Regards Magnus

Monday, February 2, 2015 9:31 AM

Answers

• There's isn't really any absolute limit along these lines. After a certain number of records, the navigation view will start paging, and the performance of accessing this database may be impractically slow -- but if you're patient enough, it should still work.

I don't think we have any changes planned to improve usability for a database of this size. Let us know how long it took to work with it :).

Monday, February 2, 2015 1:46 PM

All replies

• There's isn't really any absolute limit along these lines. After a certain number of records, the navigation view will start paging, and the performance of accessing this database may be impractically slow -- but if you're patient enough, it should still work.

I don't think we have any changes planned to improve usability for a database of this size. Let us know how long it took to work with it :).

Monday, February 2, 2015 1:46 PM
  • Thanks for the reply, will perform a test with the client and get back to you.

Regards Magnus

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 1:38 PM