none
Webpage Does Not Display RRS feed

  • General discussion

  • Hello,

    I update a website for a lab I work for on campus at UCI. I use Dreamweaver CS6 to design the webpages. After I make changes to the webpage and transfer the files through WinSCP, I open the website on IE 11 and the changed webpages are not viewable (the html code is displayed) unless I go into tools and select compatibility mode. I don't have this problem on any other web browser (Safari, Chrome, Firefox) nor older versions of IE. I am assuming that this is just a compatibility issue with IE 11; and I'm wondering if there is a way to remedy this. Thank you.

    -Anthony

    Friday, February 20, 2015 9:45 PM

All replies


  • Hello Anthony,

    Based on my knowledge, this is caused by the web program, it is not compatible with Internet Explorer 11.

    If you want to change the code, it is recommended to ask in the Internet Explorer Web Development forum.
    The professionals there will be glad to help you.
    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/home?forum=iewebdevelopment

    You could add the website to the Compatibility View list and check if the issue still exists.
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-HK/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view#ie=ie-11
    1. Tap or click the Tools button , and then tap or click Compatibility View settings.
    2. Under Add this website, enter the URL of the site you want to add to the list, and then tap or click Add.

    Additionally, you could try to use Internet Explorer Enterprise mode.
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn640699.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

    Best regards,
    Fangzhou CHEN


    Fangzhou CHEN
    TechNet Community Support

    Monday, February 23, 2015 3:55 AM
    Moderator
  • assuming that this is just a compatibility issue with IE 11

    Or security/obscurity.  For example, yesterday I did a powercfg /batteryreport  and IE would not open the battery-report.html until I had moved it from System32 (where it had been created) to my Documents folder.  YMMV.

    Otherwise, instead of relying on intelligent guesses, you could run ProcMon to find out what is going on in your case.  Sounds like the filetype of the file you have downloaded is making it be treated as .txt instead of .html.  That can happen.  There is an option about that in the Security tab.  Same function as it used to provide but now it is labeled  Enable MIME sniffing.

    FYI



    Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

    Monday, February 23, 2015 5:00 PM
    Answerer