Taskbar RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, where is the Vista taskbar? left the shortcuts, I miss the function I worked for years. Now it is mixed around depending how much windows are open. fast access maybe means to have the shortcuts always at the same position. is there a Vista function for taskbar. I searched for, I didnt find. Update with a vista taskbar highly expected.
    anyone able to support me with Vista taskbar?
    thanks
    Hannibal
    Saturday, November 14, 2009 6:59 PM

Answers

• Sounds like you are talking about the quick launch buttons that were in Vista but not (by default) in win7, please see the Windows 7 tips link in my favorite threads link in sig to see how to restore the quick launch toolbar from Vista.

Hey there! Please reply back promptly so we can answer your problem faster!

JoelbX's favorite threads | Skydrive | Cool 'gadget' programs: Visit websites
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Friday, November 20, 2009 2:26 AM
    Saturday, November 14, 2009 9:45 PM
  • Hi hannibal.co.at,

Are you talking about Quick Launch bar? If so, please refer to the following knowledge base (KB) article to enable it:

Guided Help: Enable the Quick Launch bar in Windows 7

Regards,

Linda

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Friday, November 20, 2009 2:36 AM
    Monday, November 16, 2009 7:31 AM

All replies

• Sounds like you are talking about the quick launch buttons that were in Vista but not (by default) in win7, please see the Windows 7 tips link in my favorite threads link in sig to see how to restore the quick launch toolbar from Vista.

Hey there! Please reply back promptly so we can answer your problem faster!

JoelbX's favorite threads | Skydrive | Cool 'gadget' programs: Visit websites
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Friday, November 20, 2009 2:26 AM
    Saturday, November 14, 2009 9:45 PM
  • You can use the whole taskbar for quicklaunch, just pin any app to it. You might miss the button to show the desktop, but just use the peek area next to the clock. I needed a week to get used to it but find it much easier to move the mouse cursor to the lower right corner, I don't even have to look and aim for a tiny icon. It's one of the better things in Win 7.
    Now if only the explorer window wouldn't suck that much...
    Saturday, November 14, 2009 11:39 PM
  • Hi hannibal.co.at,

Are you talking about Quick Launch bar? If so, please refer to the following knowledge base (KB) article to enable it:

Guided Help: Enable the Quick Launch bar in Windows 7

Regards,

Linda

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Friday, November 20, 2009 2:36 AM
    Monday, November 16, 2009 7:31 AM