Make Folder pane (left) expand when traversing folders in the right pane of Windows Explorer RRS feed

• Question

• When I use Windows Explorer, I often use the right pane to traverse folders. What I would like is for the left pane to expand as I'm traversing folders in the right pane. Any way to do this?
    Rich
    Friday, December 18, 2009 1:44 AM

Answers

• This should work:
    1. In Windows Explorer, press Alt+T to open the Tools menu. Select Folder Options.
    2. Enable "Automatically expand to the current folder." You'll also see the option to "Show all folders" if you like.

(This was also discussed in Don't like that explorer doesn't "follow" me in the left hand panel .)
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Monday, December 21, 2009 10:05 AM
    Friday, December 18, 2009 6:28 AM
  • You can get it once checking the "Automatically expand to current folder" option in the Folder Option. 

Good luck!

John
    Friday, December 18, 2009 6:45 AM

All replies

• This should work:
    1. In Windows Explorer, press Alt+T to open the Tools menu. Select Folder Options.
    2. Enable "Automatically expand to the current folder." You'll also see the option to "Show all folders" if you like.

(This was also discussed in Don't like that explorer doesn't "follow" me in the left hand panel .)
    Friday, December 18, 2009 6:28 AM
  • You can get it once checking the "Automatically expand to current folder" option in the Folder Option. 

Good luck!

John
    Friday, December 18, 2009 6:45 AM