none
Migrating List and libraries manually to Online and Permission Management, Migration of Pages, Web parts manually

Question

• Hi All,

i want migrate to list and library sharepoint on premise to online.

migration permission management, migration of pages and web parts  manually.

kindly help me.

Thanks in advance.

Friday, October 7, 2016 10:33 AM

All replies

• Hi,

There are lot of ways which allows you to migrate to SharePoint Online. Since you mentioned about the List & Library migration, I am listing few methods below:

1. If the content is small, no. of lists & libraries are few, no. of columns in List is less, no. of metadata columns in Document library is less then take the back up of List as List  Template and add it in destination site (SP online), create the similar lists & libraries manually.

2. If the content is large, also if you have custom permissions, lookup columns, etc. then use migration tools to migrate it to SP online. One of the best tools is Sharegate. To know more use this link: http://en.share-gate.com/sharepoint-migration. Though it is licensed, the migration is excellent with this tool.

Hope this helps you!

Cheers, 

Maruthu

Friday, October 7, 2016 2:13 PM
  • Thanks a lot for your prompt reply,

i want migrate permissions, pages and webparts manually from sharepoint 2013 to sharepoint online.

can any one help me.

Saturday, October 8, 2016 4:11 PM
  • What help do you want or need? Also there's no need to create 5 different threads for the same issues. It'd be much more productive to just use one.
    Monday, October 10, 2016 8:33 AM
  • Hi,

To migrate farm solution to SharePoint Online directly, as SharePoint Online only support SharePoint Client Object Model or Server Object Model.

As an alternative, I would suggest you can create SharePoint apps to host in SharePoint Online and rewrite the code logic using Client Object Model to migrate the web part to app.

Here are some code demos about creating SharePoint apps for your reference:

Get started creating SharePoint-hosted SharePoint Add-ins

Get started creating provider-hosted SharePoint Add-ins

Cheers,
    Maruthu
    P.S. : Please click the 'Mark as Answer' button if a post solves your problem! :)
    Explore the SharePoint

Monday, October 10, 2016 12:49 PM
  • Hi,

Is there any update?

If the post helps you, you can mark it as answer to help other community members to find the solution quickly.

Have a nice day!

Please click the "Mark as Answer" button if this post solves your problem or "Vote As helpful if it was helpful! :)
    Explore the SharePoint

Friday, June 16, 2017 4:27 PM