How do I disable "This task will be created with Administrative Privileges" in the Run As dialog box? RRS feed

• Question

• Someone used my computer the other day and thought they were doing me a favour by clicking "Always run as administrator" in the Run As dialog box.

As a result, every time I press Win-R I am told that "This task will be created with Administrative Privileges" and I can't find any way to reset this back to default.

I've tried looking in User Access Control but the slider seems ineffective.

I've also looked in secpol.msc but I'm not sure what I'm looking for or if I'm even in the right place.

It's driving me nuts. Would anyone be so kind as to help me out? Many thanks.

Monday, June 18, 2012 10:45 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Base on my test and research, there’s impossible to disable this notification message.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Leo Huang

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Leo Huang Wednesday, June 27, 2012 7:18 AM
    Tuesday, June 19, 2012 3:48 AM

All replies

• Monday, June 18, 2012 6:36 PM
  • Hi,

Base on my test and research, there’s impossible to disable this notification message.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Leo Huang

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Leo Huang Wednesday, June 27, 2012 7:18 AM
    Tuesday, June 19, 2012 3:48 AM
  • Did you reboot after changing the UAC slider? That worked for me.
    Wednesday, August 21, 2013 11:41 AM
  • Run secpol.msc

Go to:

Local Policies
        Security Options
            User Account Control: Use Admin Approval Mode for the built-in Administrator account

Enable it. No longer running in "Windows 95" mode :)

(Yes, I'm answering 3 years later, but it's strange that I had to find the answer on Youtube - the guy was disabling this setting, so I thought reversing shouldn't be too hard - after reading the accepted answer here that "it's impossible"!)

• Edited by Uplink03 Tuesday, October 27, 2015 9:03 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Panzerbjrn Friday, January 11, 2019 11:23 AM
    Tuesday, October 27, 2015 9:00 PM
  • And another 3 years later I'm saying thanks for making the impossible possible ;-)
    Friday, January 11, 2019 2:10 PM