Full access rights mailboxes stuck in my outlook 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• I have two mailboxes stuck in my outlook . I assigned myself full access to these in EMC, yet when I remove this access they remain in my outlook, just cannot be viewed but the name of the mailbox is there. 

If i use EMC to give me the full access to them again then i can view the mailboxes in my outlook, however when i remove the full access permissions the mailsboxes remain in outlook.

This happened in outlook 2010 as well as 2013, but only for two specific mailboxes. Its really annoying for me now as i have tried all the usual profile renewal and readding my exchange account to outlook, but they always pop back.

Exchange 2010 SP3

Any ideas?

Friday, May 24, 2013 10:50 AM

Answers

• I have removed the full access rights to the effected mailboxes, but the only difference that makes is that I cannot expand the mailbox in outlook - it says I dont have permission.

The mailbox still appears though.

When I re-add full access I can expand the other mailboxes.

I just want them gone.

It might be worth adding that my account is domain admins.

Surely someone must have seen this issue, as it effects both outlook 2010 and 2013

Make sure you haven't added the mailboxes to your profile! Check the "Advanced" tab.

Assuming you're running at least Exchange 2010 SP2, you can also use the "-AutoMapping:$false" to the Add-MailboxPermission cmdlet. That'll prevent the populating of the msExchDelegateListLink and msExchDelegateListLinkBL properties on the two mailboxes.

You can also manage thing "by hand": Removing managed mailboxes from an Outlook profile 

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE&I, Exchange MVP

• Marked as answer by Tommy T Friday, June 28, 2013 2:18 PM
    Friday, June 28, 2013 1:45 AM
  • On Fri, 24 May 2013 10:50:14 +0000, Tommy T wrote:

>
    >
    >I have two mailboxes stuck in my outlook . I assigned myself full access to these in EMC, yet when I remove this access they remain in my outlook, just cannot be viewed but the name of the mailbox is there.
    >
    >If i use EMC to give me the full access to them again then i can view the mailboxes in my outlook, however when i remove the full access permissions the mailsboxes remain in outlook.
    >
    >This happened in outlook 2010 as well as 2013, but only for two specific mailboxes. Its really annoying for me now as i have tried all the usual profile renewal and readding my exchange account to outlook, but they always pop back.
    >
    >Exchange 2010 SP3
    >
    >Any ideas?

Check the msExchDelegateListLink property on those mailboxes. Your
    mailbox shouldn't be in the list if it doesn't have FMA on the
    mailbox.

Make sure you haven't added the mailbox on the "Advanced" tab of your
    Outlook profile, too.

---
    Rich Matheisen
    MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
    Saturday, May 25, 2013 2:02 AM

All replies

• On Fri, 24 May 2013 10:50:14 +0000, Tommy T wrote:

>
    >
    >I have two mailboxes stuck in my outlook . I assigned myself full access to these in EMC, yet when I remove this access they remain in my outlook, just cannot be viewed but the name of the mailbox is there.
    >
    >If i use EMC to give me the full access to them again then i can view the mailboxes in my outlook, however when i remove the full access permissions the mailsboxes remain in outlook.
    >
    >This happened in outlook 2010 as well as 2013, but only for two specific mailboxes. Its really annoying for me now as i have tried all the usual profile renewal and readding my exchange account to outlook, but they always pop back.
    >
    >Exchange 2010 SP3
    >
    >Any ideas?

Check the msExchDelegateListLink property on those mailboxes. Your
    mailbox shouldn't be in the list if it doesn't have FMA on the
    mailbox.

Make sure you haven't added the mailbox on the "Advanced" tab of your
    Outlook profile, too.

---
    Rich Matheisen
    MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
    Saturday, May 25, 2013 2:02 AM
  • I have removed the full access rights to the effected mailboxes, but the only difference that makes is that I cannot expand the mailbox in outlook - it says I dont have permission.

I just want them gone.

Surely someone must have seen this issue, as it effects both outlook 2010 and 2013

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 10:35 AM

I just want them gone.

Make sure you haven't added the mailboxes to your profile! Check the "Advanced" tab.

Assuming you're running at least Exchange 2010 SP2, you can also use the "-AutoMapping:$false" to the Add-MailboxPermission cmdlet. That'll prevent the populating of the msExchDelegateListLink and msExchDelegateListLinkBL properties on the two mailboxes.

You can also manage thing "by hand": Removing managed mailboxes from an Outlook profile 

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE&I, Exchange MVP

• Marked as answer by Tommy T Friday, June 28, 2013 2:18 PM
    Friday, June 28, 2013 1:45 AM
  • Thanks Rich,

No - nothing in the advanced tab in Outlook.

I will follow the destructions on the slipstick website to manually remove the Automapping.

Not sure why I couldnt find this using google when I originally had the issue?? Just for the record it also happened to one other user in my place of work - he has domain admin credentials too. I assume there is some kind of issue with automapping to domain admin user accounts.

Thanks again for your help and I will remove these rouge mailboxes 'by hand'

Tom.

Friday, June 28, 2013 2:18 PM
  • You may also want to read up on 'AdminSDHolder, Protected Groups and SDPROP'

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/2009.09.sdadminholder.aspx

This might be stopping the auto mapping from removing the msExchDelegateListLinkBL attributes.

You really should be performing this sort of administration from a non domain-admin account.

Friday, June 28, 2013 2:34 PM