Windows 10 ADUC Missing Tabs RRS feed

• Question

• I am missing the following tabs in ADUC on Win10 and was curious if anyone knows how to get them back..

Remote Desktop Services Profile
    Environment
    Sessions
    Remote Control
    Unix Attributes

I tried the fix for Win8 by copying over DLLs from the server and registering them but that does not work.  Everything that needs to be installed in Programs/Features, is.

Ideas?  Only thing keeping my from using Win10 full time at work.

Thanks!

Wednesday, September 2, 2015 11:22 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Make sure that removed all older versions of Administration Tools Pack or Remote Server Administration Tools—including older prerelease versions, and releases of the tools for different languages or locales—from the computer before you install Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 10. Only one copy at a time of Remote Server Administration Tools can be installed on a computer. If you have upgraded to Windows 10 from an older release of Windows, you will need to install Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 10 on the computer; no earlier releases of Remote Server Administration Tools are still installed on a computer that you have upgraded to Windows 10.

Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 10 is available only in English (United States) for this release. If you are running Windows 10 in a language that is not English (United States), be sure that you have installed the English (United States) language pack before you install Remote Server Administration Tools. Move English (United States) to first.

We received similar cases report from other users, the dll from server (2012 R2) works in some cases, refer to following thread and check the reply from rpixton

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9b38855a-b9a3-47c0-a7d1-11a5f65102b3/rsat-windows-10-ad-remote-desktop-services-profile-tab?forum=win10itprosetup

“1. Copied two files (tsuserex.dll and tsuserex.dll.mui) from one of my Windows Server 2012 R2 servers to my laptop, (where I am running my custom MMC) in the same directories that I copied them from.

2 Opened a command prompt on my laptop, as an Administrator, and from the root of C:\ ran regsvr32 to register c:\Windows\System32\tsuserex.dll.  (the command is - regsvr32 c:\Windows\System32\tsuserex.dll)

Hope this helps some of the rest of you.  I had tried registering these files before but didn't launch the command prompt as an admin and tried registering from the C:\Windows\System32 directory.  I guess it make a difference doing it from the root of the C: drive.”

If the issue still persists, consider re-install Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 10 or install them from Programs/Features as similar case under Windows 7

Windows 7 RSAT: Multiple tabs are missing when viewing user properties in Active Directory Users and Computers

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2028835

Regards,

D. Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Michael_LS Wednesday, September 9, 2015 1:49 AM
    • Marked as answer by Michael_LS Monday, September 14, 2015 1:41 AM
    Monday, September 7, 2015 1:37 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Make sure that removed all older versions of Administration Tools Pack or Remote Server Administration Tools—including older prerelease versions, and releases of the tools for different languages or locales—from the computer before you install Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 10. Only one copy at a time of Remote Server Administration Tools can be installed on a computer. If you have upgraded to Windows 10 from an older release of Windows, you will need to install Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 10 on the computer; no earlier releases of Remote Server Administration Tools are still installed on a computer that you have upgraded to Windows 10.

Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 10 is available only in English (United States) for this release. If you are running Windows 10 in a language that is not English (United States), be sure that you have installed the English (United States) language pack before you install Remote Server Administration Tools. Move English (United States) to first.

We received similar cases report from other users, the dll from server (2012 R2) works in some cases, refer to following thread and check the reply from rpixton

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9b38855a-b9a3-47c0-a7d1-11a5f65102b3/rsat-windows-10-ad-remote-desktop-services-profile-tab?forum=win10itprosetup

“1. Copied two files (tsuserex.dll and tsuserex.dll.mui) from one of my Windows Server 2012 R2 servers to my laptop, (where I am running my custom MMC) in the same directories that I copied them from.

2 Opened a command prompt on my laptop, as an Administrator, and from the root of C:\ ran regsvr32 to register c:\Windows\System32\tsuserex.dll.  (the command is - regsvr32 c:\Windows\System32\tsuserex.dll)

Hope this helps some of the rest of you.  I had tried registering these files before but didn't launch the command prompt as an admin and tried registering from the C:\Windows\System32 directory.  I guess it make a difference doing it from the root of the C: drive.”

If the issue still persists, consider re-install Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 10 or install them from Programs/Features as similar case under Windows 7

Windows 7 RSAT: Multiple tabs are missing when viewing user properties in Active Directory Users and Computers

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2028835

Regards,

D. Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Michael_LS Wednesday, September 9, 2015 1:49 AM
    • Marked as answer by Michael_LS Monday, September 14, 2015 1:41 AM
    Monday, September 7, 2015 1:37 AM
  • I tried this solution, but it won't allow me to copy the files. It asks if I want to overwrite, but then says Access is denied. My guess is because it's in use. I don't know how to get past this. I'm trying to copy them in a command prompt as the Administrator. I don't see anything in Task Manager that would stop the processes.

I don't know how I got this to work correctly on my Win10 desktop, but I can't seem to get it to work on my laptop.

Wednesday, April 4, 2018 7:24 PM