Unable to publish topology after adding SE FE to new central site RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

just now I added new Central site to our company Skype for Business topology, and published it (went okay). I need to define new Standard Edition within the site, but when I go through all the steps in the topology wizard, and click on Finish, I see red cross up on Skype for Business server root scope node, and the option Publish topology is greyed out.

Now, what I am trying to do at the current time:

define new Standard FQDN (I have running server Win 2016 with all  SFB prerequisities installed, server is fully patched)

enable conferencing ( I dont have webapps for the site yet, but i have tried to do it also without conferencing checked - no good)

SQL instance - kept at default (serverfqdn\rtc)

Fileshare - I created a folder on the SE FE C drive called SfBShare, gave my domain admin account on which the topology builder is running full access permissions, and I specified the folder name in Create new fileshare step (I need to create the fileshare on tat particular FE)

edge pool - I have chosen the one that we already have for different site (but I have also tried to go without this option entirely)

webapps pool - I didnt define any, but I defined Enterprise edition some time ago and it went okay without webapps being defined

Do you have any clue about what am I missing?

Many thanks,

Tomas

Friday, October 26, 2018 3:55 PM

All replies

• Hi Tomas,

Which server roles did you deploy in your further site?

By the way, as to the file share, we would suggest you create it in other servers instead of FE server, and you could give the full permission to the local server admin account which is enough.

In addition, please also make sure your standard edition pool FQDN match the same with FE server name, and you have the sufficient permission on SQL.

Is there any error reported when you tried publishing the topology? And would you please also check the eventviewer in your new front end server to see if it has any event reported? Please provide the screenshot of the error if possible.

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, October 29, 2018 9:04 AM
  • Hello,

thank you for your reply. I forgot to define next hop persistent chat pool for the site, so it didnt want to let me publish added frontend servers.

Now I am ok:) Thank you for your reply,

Tomas

Wednesday, October 31, 2018 1:25 PM
  • Hi Tomas,

Thanks for sharing, glad to hear that the problem is resolved right now.

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, November 1, 2018 1:30 AM