display problems on benq xl2420z using dvi-d RRS feed

• Question

• when i want to play a 4.3 res in cs go it comes up with black bars when i use dvi-d but when i try an hdmi cable it works just fine. and dont know what to do
    Sunday, September 20, 2015 7:18 PM

Answers

• Hi,

It might be caused by dpi,  the max dpi between DVI and HDMI is different.

For your question, we can change the Resolution to adjust the monitor. More details about it, please refer to "Getting the best display on your monitor": http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/getting-best-display-monitor#getting-best-display-monitor=windows-7

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Allen_WangJF Monday, September 28, 2015 1:48 PM
    • Marked as answer by Deason Wu Thursday, October 8, 2015 8:46 AM
    Tuesday, September 22, 2015 2:00 PM

All replies

• Have tried updating graphic card driver?

Download and install the latest graphic card driver from the website of the manufacturer and recheck the issue.

S.Sengupta, Windows Experience MVP

Monday, September 21, 2015 11:30 AM
  • Hi,

It might be caused by dpi,  the max dpi between DVI and HDMI is different.

For your question, we can change the Resolution to adjust the monitor. More details about it, please refer to "Getting the best display on your monitor": http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/getting-best-display-monitor#getting-best-display-monitor=windows-7

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Allen_WangJF Monday, September 28, 2015 1:48 PM
    • Marked as answer by Deason Wu Thursday, October 8, 2015 8:46 AM
    Tuesday, September 22, 2015 2:00 PM