DiscoverAllFTPSites logon failure RRS feed

• Question

• On a new non domain joined server i get several discovery errors on the iis 7 discoveries:

Event id 33857 - The object identifier does not represent a valid object

Event id 33022
    Error reading properties of the WebSite 'xyz.xyz.com'. Website will be discovered with some missing properties. This operation will be retried.
    Error: 0x8007052e
    Details: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.

And Event id 33008: Failed to perform ftp site discovery.

In the security log of the server i get this event:

An account failed to log on.
    Subject:
        Security ID:        SYSTEM
        Account Name:        HOSTNAME$
        Account Domain:        WORKGROUP
        Logon ID:        0x3e7

Logon Type:            8
    Account For Which Logon Failed:
        Security ID:        NULL SID
        Account Name:        ftptest
        Account Domain:        HOSTNAME

---
    The action account that is configured for the agent is a local account, member of administrators. The accountname is not 'ftptest' which you see above in the security log..i don't understand why i see that accountname. That accountname does exist as local account on the system, used for user tests, no services are running under that account.

Any ideas on how to resolve or troubleshoot this?

Gr,
    Ronald

Ronald

Wednesday, August 30, 2017 12:32 PM

All replies

• Hello,

According to my understanding, this account is created in local for tests, but was used in the discovery. Would you please delete this account and then check which account will be used to discovery. 

In addition, did you follow the management pack guide when you import the management pack. 

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Yan Li_ Monday, September 4, 2017 5:47 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Ronald.van.den.Berg Wednesday, September 13, 2017 9:07 AM
    Thursday, August 31, 2017 1:52 AM
  • Hi,

I have to wait for a collegue to delete this account since we don't know for what it's being used.

The managementpack guide does not contain actions regarding a special runas account if that's what you mean.

Gr,

Ronald

Monday, September 4, 2017 12:24 PM
  • Hi Yan,

Today we removed the account, stopped the agent, removed the healthstate folder and started the agent.

After that when te discovery ran again i see the same errors, also with the same useraccount, the monitoringagent.exe still tries to use the account ftptest.

Any ideas?

Gr

Ronald

Wednesday, September 6, 2017 9:34 AM