none
Server settings > Manage Views : where can i find these views in the databases RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have created couple of views under Manage Views for PRojects, Project centre etc..

If i open the Sql database , where can i find these views created.

Thanks

mp

Friday, July 9, 2010 5:41 AM

Answers

• Hi Max_Pin,

It is not recommended to run report or update (directily via sql server ) any info on project publish,draft,archive db's.

But answer of your question "where can i find these views created"

it is in [dbo].[MSP_WEB_VIEW_REPORTS].[WVIEW_NAME]

use ProjectServer_published

select wview_name,* from MSP_WEB_VIEW_REPORTS

Thanks
    MOhit

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, MOhit - MSFT (Project) Microsoft Online Community Support
    Saturday, July 10, 2010 2:06 AM

All replies

• Which Project Server version are you using please?
    Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Friday, July 9, 2010 6:09 AM
  • PS 2007 and sql 2005
    Friday, July 9, 2010 8:35 AM
  • Hi,

Can you explain what you are trying to achieve, maybe we are able to give you some clear direction if we know this?

Are you trying to create reports?

Regards,

Dharmesh

Friday, July 9, 2010 1:42 PM
  • Hi Max_Pin,

It is not recommended to run report or update (directily via sql server ) any info on project publish,draft,archive db's.

But answer of your question "where can i find these views created"

it is in [dbo].[MSP_WEB_VIEW_REPORTS].[WVIEW_NAME]

use ProjectServer_published

select wview_name,* from MSP_WEB_VIEW_REPORTS

Thanks
    MOhit

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, MOhit - MSFT (Project) Microsoft Online Community Support
    Saturday, July 10, 2010 2:06 AM
  • Thanks a lot Mohit;

Well i feel by experience and usage of the system ;you were able to say where these views exist; but if i want to be aware of where the data resides in which database/field for every task we do on PWA; how do i get to know this( i mean for a DBA who is using EPM for first time);

Like wher do Enterprise custom fields get stored;Users etc..

What's your recommendation. Or are there any links which explain these.

Thanks again

mp

Monday, July 12, 2010 5:01 AM
  • Hi Max,

Have a look at this MSDN Project Programming post Reporting Database Diagrams .

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/project_programmability/archive/2006/12/05/reporting-database-diagrams.aspx

In this you will be able to find entity-relationship diagrams of the Reporting database (RDB) for Project Server 2007. Also you can download the attached RDBSchema.zip

The pages are:

·          EPM User Views: schemas of the Project, Resource, Task, Assignment, and related ByDay user views.

·          EPM Relationships: a simplified E-R diagram of the Project, Resource, Task, Assignment, and related ByDay tables.

·          Timesheet Tables

·          SharePoint Data: tables and user views for issues, risks, deliverables, and list item associations.

Above content is ”as-is” from the post.

Also you could download Project 2007 SDK: Software Development Kit Project 2007 SDK download includes the HTML Help version of the RDB Schema reference, pj12ReportingDB.chm.

I hope this is what you were after!

Cheers!

Uttkarsh

Blog| uttkarshkalia.wordpress.com

Monday, July 12, 2010 5:29 AM