Scheduled Taks not showing when browsing to another PC on my network - Windows XP RRS feed

• Question

• When I browse to another PC on my domain using \\(computername)\ usually scheduled tasks as well as printers and faxes are displayed even if nothing is shared. 

However I am not able to see Scheduled Tasks folder of other system in my network.

I can see Printer and Faxes folder of other PC.

Also when I browse my system using \\<MyCompName>, I can see scheduled tasks as well as printers and faxes

Please help.

P.S. File and printer sharing is enabled in Firewall exceptions.

Regards,

Maulik C

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 2:25 PM

Answers

• Hi Maulik,

As far as I am aware the scheduled tasks will only appear if you are logged in as an administrator of that workstation while browsing the share

For example:

If workstation is called "Workstation1" then the username must be workstation1\administrator and the password is the local admin password.

You can set up a GPO to enforce your domain account as a local administrator which should correct the issue.

FYI, you can also set scheduled tasks via GPO for remote machines

M

If you find my information useful, please rate it. :-)

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 6:32 PM

All replies

• Hi Maulik,

As far as I am aware the scheduled tasks will only appear if you are logged in as an administrator of that workstation while browsing the share

For example:

If workstation is called "Workstation1" then the username must be workstation1\administrator and the password is the local admin password.

You can set up a GPO to enforce your domain account as a local administrator which should correct the issue.

FYI, you can also set scheduled tasks via GPO for remote machines

M

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 6:32 PM
  • Hi MArtin,

I have admin rights on remote machine. Since my account is part of a domain, I need to login as domain\username, not as workstation1\administrator. 

what is the procedure to schedule a task via GPO for remote machines?

Regards,

Maulik

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 10:23 AM
  • Hi,

Please see document:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc725745.aspx

Regards,

M

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 10:31 AM