none
Windows 10 Firewall Central Management RRS feed

• Question

• We want to migrate our 50000 laptops to Windows 10.

Does Windows firewall provide central management except GPO?

With GPO if we have to allow a program for 500 machines out of 50000, how it is possible?

Monday, October 1, 2018 8:50 PM

All replies

• Also refer to the following article.

http://www.grouppolicy.biz/2010/07/how-to-manage-windows-firewall-settings-using-group-policy/

Please Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 2, 2018 2:02 AM
  • Thank you, I need to deploy it for Windows 10 machines. With GPO if we have to allow a program for 500 machines out of 50000, how it is possible? Please help.
    Tuesday, October 2, 2018 4:27 AM
  • Thank you, I need to deploy it for Windows 10 machines. With GPO if we have to allow a program for 500 machines out of 50000, how it is possible? Please help.
    Tuesday, October 2, 2018 4:53 AM
  • 1. Create a Security Group in the Active Directory that contains the 500 computers.
    2. Create the GPO with the required info to allow your program through the firewall
    3. Filter the GPO with your new Security Group instead of "Authenticated Users"

Gérald

Tuesday, October 2, 2018 7:38 AM
  • Thank you, Gerald. I was thinking about this but would that not create two many GPOs in Future?
    Tuesday, October 2, 2018 8:28 AM
  • It up to you for the management...

You can create a single GPO that contains all the configuration for the Firewall / Security or you can create multiple GPOs. Just think that, the more GPOs you have, the more it can take time to be applied ;-)

In my lab, I create GPOs that contains multiple settings when they are validated and I create GPOs that contains a single setting just for validation tests...  

Gérald

Tuesday, October 2, 2018 9:43 AM
  • Hi,

We haven’t heard from you for a couple of days, have you solved the problem?  

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 7, 2018 5:17 AM