tesco internet phone problem RRS feed

• Question

•  Heyeveryone,

i bought this tesco internet phone, the phone is connected via usb to the computer and computer installs the drivers of the phone. the problem is its not working, when i first pluged in my tesco phone the computer installed some human device nd there was some another file but the usb cordless phone driver failed... could any1 please help me ?
    Monday, January 12, 2009 8:00 PM

Answers

•  

Hi,

Thank you for your update. I highly suggest that you contact Tesco again to get the exact list of these updates they mentioned.

Also, which application generates the message of "it may not function properly and it is not functioning"? I suspect it is from the phone software for Tesco, is it?

At this time, I would like to let you know that actually device driver is a bridge between the operating system and the hardware device. Also, the device drivers are generally designed and tested by the hardware manufacturers.

In other words, it is hardware manufacturers’ responsibility to design, develop, test, and support their device drivers. For example, as we know, when a new operating system is released, many hardware manufacturers will also publish their upgraded device drivers via their websites.

Based on my research, I will suggest the following:

1.    Please remove and reinstall the driver and utility.

2.    Please check if the device can work properly on other computers. If it works, please let me know its Operating System.

3.    As I suggested previously, please try to plug the device to another USB port to see if it works

Considering that the issue should be related to the hardware, I would like to still recommend you to contact Tesco Internet Phone Support. Please understand that I do not mean to bounce you between supports. I just hope that you are served by the best support resources, and hope the issue can be resolved in the most efficient way.

Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Thursday, January 15, 2009 12:14 PM

All replies

•  

Hi,

Thank you for your post.

I know the Tesco Internet Phone failed to work properly on the computer.

Regarding the issue, please check the following:

1.    Please check if the Tesco Internet Phone is compatible with Windows Vista.

To help our customers better use our operating system products with different third-party hardware devices, Microsoft also has hosted a website, which contains the lists of the certificated compatible hardware devices:

Windows Vista Compatibility Center

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/

2.    Is the USB device recognized successfully? Please also try to plug the device to another USB port to see if it works.

3.    Ensure that the driver is designed for Windows Vista and try to update the driver if it is possible.

To get the device driver or check the driver update, it is recommended to go to Tesco Internet Phone’s site.

Since the issue is related to the hardware, please also involve Tesco for technical support

To contact them, please refer to the following sites:

Tesco Internet Phone Support

http://www.tescointernetphone.com/internetphone/help

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope this helps.

Nicholas Li - MSFT

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Wednesday, January 14, 2009 11:02 AM
  • hey thx for the reply.. i have contacted tesco. they said there are some updates in vista u should update the windows... but my windows is fully updated... the phone hardware is installed but the msg just appears it may not funtion properly nd it is nt funtioning..

many thanks

shan
    Wednesday, January 14, 2009 8:12 PM
  •  

Hi,

Thank you for your update. I highly suggest that you contact Tesco again to get the exact list of these updates they mentioned.

Also, which application generates the message of "it may not function properly and it is not functioning"? I suspect it is from the phone software for Tesco, is it?

At this time, I would like to let you know that actually device driver is a bridge between the operating system and the hardware device. Also, the device drivers are generally designed and tested by the hardware manufacturers.

In other words, it is hardware manufacturers’ responsibility to design, develop, test, and support their device drivers. For example, as we know, when a new operating system is released, many hardware manufacturers will also publish their upgraded device drivers via their websites.

Based on my research, I will suggest the following:

1.    Please remove and reinstall the driver and utility.

2.    Please check if the device can work properly on other computers. If it works, please let me know its Operating System.

3.    As I suggested previously, please try to plug the device to another USB port to see if it works

Considering that the issue should be related to the hardware, I would like to still recommend you to contact Tesco Internet Phone Support. Please understand that I do not mean to bounce you between supports. I just hope that you are served by the best support resources, and hope the issue can be resolved in the most efficient way.

Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Thursday, January 15, 2009 12:14 PM
  • hey thanks for replying,

the USB PHONE DRIVER states that it could not function properly and ya the device is working fine on windows xp.. but it does not work on any windows vista computer. i have tried the methods u suggested a 100 of times but the device does not works

Many Thanks

Shan
    Monday, January 19, 2009 5:43 AM