none
COA and Product Key Retrieval RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I have lost the physical box with the product key for Windows Server 2016. I do have the invoice from the supplier and the COA serial number. The product key has not yet been used, and we (finally) got around to installing the server. However, given that we have lost the box, we have also lost the product key.

Is there any way to retrieve the product key for Windows Server 2016, if we know the COA serial number?

Thanks,

- Naz.
    Sunday, July 7, 2019 5:50 AM

All replies

• Hello Naz,

If your Windows Server 2016 product was preinstalled, distributed with your server, or obtained as an upgrade directly from your server manufacturer, it is likely that you have an OEM product. For customers with an OEM product, the primary source for support is the server manufacturer who provided the Microsoft product.

Best regards,
    Leon

Blog: https://thesystemcenterblog.com LinkedIn:

Sunday, July 7, 2019 9:48 AM
  • I do have the invoice from the supplier and the COA serial number.

You'll need to ask the supplier if they have any record of product key.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Sunday, July 7, 2019 12:48 PM
  • Hi,

If it's a new pc running windows, the product key is preinstalled on your PC, included with the packaging the PC came in, or included on the Certificate of Authenticity (COA) attached to the PC. For more info, contact your hardware manufacturer.

Best regards,

Yilia

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 9, 2019 2:11 AM
  • Hi,

Is there anything I can do for you?

If you have any problems or concerns, please feel free to post here. 

Best regards,

Yilia

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 7:28 AM