AD Authentication error........... RRS feed

• Question

• I am receiving an Error ID 14 - Error Code is Configuration of Repository server is incorrect, or server does not respond as expected. I only get this error if the #2 server in my array handles the login request. If I shut down the second array server and force login through the primary server all is well and users can log in without error.

I added a 3rd server to the array and this server suffers the same problem as the #2 server. This is in a test/lab environment and I should point out that this is an Extranet domain and I am using lmhost files (copy of the same on all UAG servers) to provide domain name resolution for this domain. The Internal domain does not suffer the same errors and name resolution here is performed via DNS.

Anyone ran into this before or have any suggestions?

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 2:00 AM

Answers

• This could be happening if there is something that is blocking the connectivity between the servers - make sure that the firewall on your DMZ is not blocking the AD ports (389), or that the routing is not set incorrectly (for example, packets are able to get from the UAG to the AD server, but on their way back, the router routes them to another subnet.

You can check that by telnetting to the AD server on port 389 from the UAG box - if it times out, then it's simple network connectivity.

Ben Ari
    Microsoft CSS IAG Support
    Sammamish, WA
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Wednesday, March 24, 2010 8:35 PM
    Wednesday, March 24, 2010 8:35 PM