none
Pricing question - Project Online through 365 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,<o:p></o:p>

I'm looking to present ROI numbers but I'm having a hard time finding accurate price numbers. Please check the below math and assumptions. Bear with me, there is a question at the end. 
    First = I have a small team of 2 PMs and 3 additional team members. <o:p></o:p>

Now...
    We must have access to the MS Office suite of products and have found the most cost effective way to do this is through Office 365 small business premium. (cost of 12.50*5 users/month = $750 total/year)<o:p></o:p>

But...
    We work on a lot of projects together. Currently the two PMs use Project Pro through 365 and communicate tasks via email, creating reports by hand etc. (cost of 34*2 users/month = $816 total/year).
    So, our true cost for the team right now is $750+$816 = $1566/year<o:p></o:p>

However...
    We've discovered that we hate doing so much emailing and report creating and are interested in ProjectOnline to help out. We assume that each team member will need a Project Online account at $33/user/month in addition to the 365 license. Is this assumption correct? Do team members really need accounts? <o:p></o:p>

So our options are:
    1) Office 365 + Project Online = $45.50*5 users/month = $2730/year
    2) Office 365 + Project Online + Project Pro = ($78.5*2 users/month) + ($55.5*3 users/month) = $3096/year<o:p></o:p>

Is this accurate?? If so, how much true PM work can you do with using just the Project Online??<o:p></o:p>

Thanks,<o:p></o:p>

Beth<o:p></o:p>

Monday, July 29, 2013 6:50 PM

All replies

• Beth,

a) Yes, all your users who would like to use the functionality of Project Online like building schedules, assigning or getting assigned tasks, submitting timesheets and so on, will need a Project Online License in addition to Office 365.

b) Project Online is a vastly improved scheduling engine, compared to previous PWA version. The things that you cannot do in Project Onlince include, resource leveling, advanced scheduleing, Team Planner kind of views and so on.. If your team is small and has smaller projects, you could start with Online and then add Project Pro at a later date based on the need.

And finally, I am not a Microsoft Represenattive, and the above is based on my experience. I suggest you talk to a Microsoft Rep to get more details on licensing costs and plans.

Prasanna Adavi,PMP,MCTS,MCITP,MCT http://thinkepm.blogspot.com

Monday, July 29, 2013 7:25 PM