Infopath form "text box" promoted to "Multiple lines" of text when published RRS feed

• Question

• I have an Infopath 2010 form which is made up of several "Text boxes", there are no modifications to the field properties made and yet the fields publish to the Sharepoint Library as "multiple lines of text". Whilst this is not a problem in itself for storage of the field data, it is a problem for us when the columns created in the Sharepoint library are then not searchable (drop down menu).

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks in advance

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 7:44 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Can you please look at the textbox properties or rules? I would guess, its related to that.

Sekar - Our life is short, so help others to grow

Whenever you see a reply and if you think is helpful, click "Alternate TextVote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the question of the thread, click "Alternate TextMark As Answer

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 10:08 AM
  • Hi, and thanks for the reply. 

Ys I've checked the text box properties and control properties, neither of which have been formatted, equally none of the mentioned fields have controls. When I first noticed the issue, I deleted the fields from the form and put in new fields as if starting from scrath with no change. coincidentally, there are 15 such fields like this affacted within the form, likewise their are an additional 10 which are not. These 10 have been entered in exactly the same was, no formating etc and they are searchable - hence the need to ask others who may have some experience or knowledge of this problem.

Thanks

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 6:37 AM
  • Hi,

I believe, if you go to field properties of text field you can find Multiline checkbox. Please check whether its checked or unchecked. If it's checked please uncheck it.

Sekar - Our life is short, so help others to grow

Whenever you see a reply and if you think is helpful, click "Alternate TextVote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the question of the thread, click "Alternate TextMark As Answer

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 11:49 AM
  • Hi

The multiline checkbox is definetly unchecked.

Regards

Thursday, November 22, 2012 7:52 AM