none
Run post backup script even if backup fails? RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to configure the post backup script to run even if the job fails?  

As described in this thread, I use a pre/post backup script combination to move the most recent full backup file created by Veeam into a separate folder to copied to tape by dpm, then move the file back to the original location when it's done.  The trouble I have is that if the DPM backup job fails for any reason, it doesn't run the post-backup script.  This leaves the veeam backup file in the wrong location, and future veeam backups fail.  

I could set a scheduled task to run the post backup script periodically, but I expect that could cause issues if it tried to move the file while DPM was still running the tape backup job.  Even if it wouldn't, I'd prefer to keep all of the moving parts in one place, so to speak.  

Is there any way to get dpm to trigger the post-backup script regardless of whether the job was successful?  

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 3:34 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I guess that you could do everything in an scheduled dpm powershell script:

- copy the file (better than move it), or do the pre-backup actions.
    - trigger the backup job.
    - wait for the backup job to finish.
    - perform actions according to the job result.

However I don't know how should you configure the protection group for not running any scheduled synchronization...

HTH

Roberto

Friday, February 21, 2014 7:32 AM