none
Migrate 2007 Distribution Point RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'll start by explaining our current setup:

Current:

SCCM 2007 with one primary site and one distribution point (hosted on the local disk and shared). All packages are configured to point to the UNC name of this drive\folder.

New:

SCCM 2012 server running one primary site. I have my packages, collections, etc all migrated over and being shared successfully from the old 2007 server.

What I'm stuck at is having my old distribution point show up as being eligible for upgrade to 2012. I have confirmed permissions were all good. The last test I have tried is that I setup a new distribution point on the 2007 server but one that isn't hosted on the site server but on another server on our network. Over on the 2012 side this new dp shows up as being eligible for upgrade/reassignment.

My question to you is how do I get my distribution point eligible for upgrade?

Thanks,
    Mike

• Edited by Sousmasta Wednesday, October 5, 2016 5:12 PM
    Wednesday, October 5, 2016 5:11 PM

Answers

All replies

• No, Distribution point cannot be upgrade.

either you can migrate the DP of SCCM 2007 and that will be shared. 

but you can do one thing, remove the DP of role from SCCM 2007, and install the DP role on that windows server from SCCM 2012. 

Sharad Singh | My blogs: SharadTech | Twitter: @SinghSharaad | | Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, October 5, 2016 5:32 PM
  • No, Distribution point cannot be upgrade.

either you can migrate the DP of SCCM 2007 and that will be shared. 

but you can do one thing, remove the DP of role from SCCM 2007, and install the DP role on that windows server from SCCM 2012. 

The thing is we are running two separate servers in parallel, one being SCCM 2007 and one being SCCM 2012.

I need to get the content of the DP on the 2007 fully moved over to the 2012 server so that we can turn off the old SCCM 2007 server.

Wednesday, October 5, 2016 5:50 PM
  • Am amusing the content means package not the source files of package.

you cannot move the content of DP from SCCM 2007 to 2012, because in SCCM 2012 DP content is totally diff and that work on content library  and new package folders will be created into SCCM 2012.

migrate the package into SCCM 2012, then migrate the source if the required else keep that as it is. 

then distribute those packages in to new DP

Sharad Singh | My blogs: SharadTech | Twitter: @SinghSharaad | | Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, October 6, 2016 3:19 AM
  • I have migrated the packages and distributed the content to my 2012 distribution point.

Now do I move the source off the old server and just manually change the data source parameters to point to where the source now sits?

Friday, October 7, 2016 6:26 PM
  • No need to do it manually, 

Cortech has a tool which change the source path of package

http://blog.coretech.dk/jgs/coretech-package-source-changer/

Friday, October 7, 2016 6:30 PM