How to check email received time on mobile device? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everybody!

If I using outlook app on mobile device, where I can find the email received time? (not received time for email to server mailbox)

My user asked that he keep using Outlook app send and receive email on iPhone yesterday night and no unread email before sleep.

In the next morning, he wake up and check new email by iPhone. In one replied email content history, he find his supervisor has sent a email to he on yesterday night around 8 PM and the email has show the unread mark on inbox, time is yesterday 8 PM. He believe it is not exist on his iPhone yesterday night.

The problem isn't a first time. We try to disable "Focused Inbox" and "Organize By Thread", but the problem still exist.

I don't know this is device issue, server issue or network issue. So I want to know where I can find the email received time/log on mobile device. 

Thanks!

Edward Ma

Friday, August 4, 2017 6:38 AM

All replies

• Hi Edward,

Based on my knowledge, there is no detailed records about the date and time when the Mobile Devices received/synced this emails. The time in emails is generally the email received time for the server mailbox.

My suggestion is that you can check the Sync refresh time configuration in iPhone about how often getting new data from Exchange mail account, manual, each hour or each 30 minutes. For the important emails, please try to use Outlook client or Webmail to deal with it in priority. You can also ask a question in Outlook for iPhone forum to make further discussion with Outlook for iPhone users to confirm if there is any other methods for your issue:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_outlook-mso_imobile

Best Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 7, 2017 9:28 AM
  • Hi Winnie,

I know that if I use iPhone's embed mail function, I can check from Mail > Account > Fetch New Data.

But if I use the Outlook app on iPhone, where can I check the Sync refresh time configuration?

Thanks!

Edward Ma

Tuesday, August 8, 2017 5:04 AM