Task Schedule for a a specific event and ID RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a task. With this task, i am getting an e-mail when a user added a user to any group. But i want this for specific group such as enterprise admins, domain admins group. Is there any way to do that?
    Thursday, February 27, 2014 11:30 PM

Answers

• Hi John,

I think "Attach a task to this log" is not available in Server 2003.

For Server 2003, you can create a custom application which reads the event log and add this application in task scheduler to run it in specific interval.

Another option is that you can create a custom AD notifier mentioned at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa772153(v=vs.85).aspx and trigger the email for the required change.

If you want a solution with out using scripting/programming, you can use JiJi AuditReporter to create custom alerts for various specific activities such as member added/removed from specific groups alone. JiJi AuditReporter supports Server 2003, Server 2008 R2, Server 2012, Server 2012 R2.

Regards,
    Jack
    www.jijitechnologies.com

Tuesday, March 4, 2014 5:53 AM

All replies

• Hi John,

If you want to send e-mail when the specific events are logged, you can get it in Task Scheduler with event log trigger and the action of sending e-mail.

For more detailed information, please refer to this article:

Getting event log contents by email on an event log trigger

To find the audit accout event ID, please refer to this article:

Audit account management

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Anna

Friday, February 28, 2014 7:50 AM
  • i tried it in Server 2008 and it works right now. but i want to do the same thing in server 2003. i couldnt find an option about an event in task scheduler.
    Friday, February 28, 2014 4:24 PM
  • Hi John,

I think "Attach a task to this log" is not available in Server 2003.

For Server 2003, you can create a custom application which reads the event log and add this application in task scheduler to run it in specific interval.

Another option is that you can create a custom AD notifier mentioned at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa772153(v=vs.85).aspx and trigger the email for the required change.

If you want a solution with out using scripting/programming, you can use JiJi AuditReporter to create custom alerts for various specific activities such as member added/removed from specific groups alone. JiJi AuditReporter supports Server 2003, Server 2008 R2, Server 2012, Server 2012 R2.

Regards,
    Jack
    www.jijitechnologies.com

Tuesday, March 4, 2014 5:53 AM