Exchange 2003 mailbox search. RRS feed

• Question

• I have an Exchange 2003 server with multiple mailbox stores. I anted to delete one and I have deleted all the mailboxes that belong to it. Upon deleting the store, I was presented with the following error:

"One or more users currently use this mailbox store. These users must be moved to a different mailbox store or be mail disabled before deleting this store. ID No: c1034a7f"

Is there an easy way to list all of the mailboxes that belong to this store? I found two so far by doing it manually in ADUC, but with hundreds of mailboxes, it would not be the most efficient way.

Monday, October 10, 2011 5:46 PM

Answers

• On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 17:46:14 +0000, V3Bok wrote:

>
    >
    >I have an Exchange 2003 server with multiple mailbox stores. I anted to delete one and I have deleted all the mailboxes that belong to it. Upon deleting the store, I was presented with the following error:
    >
    >"One or more users currently use this mailbox store. These users must be moved to a different mailbox store or be mail disabled before deleting this store. ID No: c1034a7f"
    >
    >Is there an easy way to list all of the mailboxes that belong to this store? I found two so far by doing it manually in ADUC, but with hundreds of mailboxes, it would not be the most efficient way.

If you're more comfortable/familiar with a GUI, use the ADUC.

Right-click the domain, select "Exchange recipients" from the "Find"
    drop-down list box. Uncheck everything except "Users with Exchange
    mailbox". Click the "Storage" tab and select the "Mailboxes in this
    mailbox store" radio button. Click the "Browse" button and put the
    mailbox database name in the edit box and click "Check names". Pick
    the right name from the list and click OK. Then click "Find now".

---
    Rich Matheisen
    MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
    • Proposed as answer by Terence Yu Tuesday, October 11, 2011 6:29 AM
    • Marked as answer by Terence Yu Friday, October 21, 2011 8:43 AM
    Monday, October 10, 2011 9:41 PM
  • Try this:

from a command line:

ldifde -f C:\Export.txt -p Subtree -r (MSExchHomeServerName="/o=ORGNAME/ou=ADMGROUPNAME/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=SERVERNAME") -l Name,displayName,MSExchHomeServerName

Edit:

Opps, for just a particular store you would change both spots where it says MSHomeServerName to homeMDB and it would be formated as

homeMDB="CN=MBXDBNAME,CN=SGNAME,CN=InformationStore,CN=SERVERNAME,CN=Servers,CN=ADMGROUPNAME,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=ORGNAME,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=DOMAINNAME,DC=DOMAINEXT"

-Kris

• Edited by Kris Adolfsen Monday, October 10, 2011 8:16 PM
    Monday, October 10, 2011 7:59 PM

All replies

• Try this:

from a command line:

ldifde -f C:\Export.txt -p Subtree -r (MSExchHomeServerName="/o=ORGNAME/ou=ADMGROUPNAME/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=SERVERNAME") -l Name,displayName,MSExchHomeServerName

Edit:

Opps, for just a particular store you would change both spots where it says MSHomeServerName to homeMDB and it would be formated as

homeMDB="CN=MBXDBNAME,CN=SGNAME,CN=InformationStore,CN=SERVERNAME,CN=Servers,CN=ADMGROUPNAME,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=ORGNAME,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=DOMAINNAME,DC=DOMAINEXT"

-Kris

• Edited by Kris Adolfsen Monday, October 10, 2011 8:16 PM
    Monday, October 10, 2011 7:59 PM
  • On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 17:46:14 +0000, V3Bok wrote:

>
    >
    >I have an Exchange 2003 server with multiple mailbox stores. I anted to delete one and I have deleted all the mailboxes that belong to it. Upon deleting the store, I was presented with the following error:
    >
    >"One or more users currently use this mailbox store. These users must be moved to a different mailbox store or be mail disabled before deleting this store. ID No: c1034a7f"
    >
    >Is there an easy way to list all of the mailboxes that belong to this store? I found two so far by doing it manually in ADUC, but with hundreds of mailboxes, it would not be the most efficient way.

If you're more comfortable/familiar with a GUI, use the ADUC.

Right-click the domain, select "Exchange recipients" from the "Find"
    drop-down list box. Uncheck everything except "Users with Exchange
    mailbox". Click the "Storage" tab and select the "Mailboxes in this
    mailbox store" radio button. Click the "Browse" button and put the
    mailbox database name in the edit box and click "Check names". Pick
    the right name from the list and click OK. Then click "Find now".

---
    Rich Matheisen
    MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
    Monday, October 10, 2011 9:41 PM