none
Can't activate MS Project standard 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• I buy copies of MS Office 2013 when required for new laptops and absolutely hate the on-line system for activation where my account just gives a list of products purchased with no install dates, no idea which computer they are installed on etc. Recently I purchased a few copies of MS Project 2013 which is activated in the same way. On the first laptop this installed fine, but on a second laptop the activation just does not work. I can see two MS Project 2013 entries in my list of software and used the top one assuming the most recent added software is at the top (although as mentioned, there are no dates to allow this to be determined). I have tried again and again and even tried both entries in case they are not listed in the correct order. No matter what I do, it will not activate the software. The software itself just gives an error if you try to activate over the internet which I have noticed is the case for all new software that must be activated via your MS account. I have tried the phone activation and it asks to press 1 if the software is installed on one computer or 2 if the software is installed on more than one computer! It is not installed on any computer and there is no option to press 0. The massive price of this software makes me particularly angry when activation doesn't work. Is there any human at MS that can sort this mess out and if so what telephone do I need to call please (UK). Thanks so much for any help that you can give me.
    Thursday, June 5, 2014 8:44 PM

All replies

• Martin,

I can understand your frustration. However, most of us who offer help here are not Microsoft employees.

My suggestion would be start by either calling the customer service (https://support.microsoft.com/gp/customer-service-phone-numbers/en-gb) or by ciontacting your local Microsoft Representative.

Prasanna Adavi,PMP,MCTS,MCITP,MCT TWitter: @prasannaadavi Blog: http://www.prasannaadavi.com

Friday, June 6, 2014 3:20 AM