Migration from Windows 7 ultimate to Windows 10 Pro RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I would like to migrate something like 50 computers running Windows 7 ultimate on Windows 10 Professional.

All of this computers use the WSUS server of the domain. So I was thinking that I can deploy Windows 10 though it.

I check "Upgrades" on the "Products and Classifications" window under the WSUS server options.

I see the update "Windows 7 and 8.1 upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, version 1703", but it is only applicable to one computer (the only one with windows 7 pro). For the others, on Windows 7 ultimate, the update is "Not applicable"... I don't understand why, because on the compatibility matrix of Microsoft, the Windows 7 ultimate should become a Windows 10 Pro...

What is the problem ? How can I do to force my computers to update via WSUS ?

Thanks for your answers !

Friday, July 27, 2018 8:15 AM

All replies

• Hi, 

According to the condition, you should check the right products and classifications (upgrades selected) in the options should be selected.

For each production, they relate to different version of windows 10:

Hope my answer could help you and look forward to you feedback.

Best regards,
    Johnson

=====================
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 27, 2018 8:45 AM
  • Hello Johnson,

Thanks for your answer.

All of the "Windows 10" lines are checked :

I see the update that I need, but WSUS says that they are not applicable to the Windows 7.

Any other idea ?

Friday, July 27, 2018 9:29 AM
  • Hi, 

WSUS enables administrators to manage the distribution of updates and hotfixes. But we can't install OS with WSUS.

For more informaiton, you can read the following blogs:
    http://blogs.technet.com/b/configmgrteam/archive/2014/10/29/how-to-upgrade-to-win-10-using-the-task-sequence-in-sc-2012-r2-configmgr.aspx

I recommand to use SCCM to Upgrade Win7 to Win10.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,
    Johnson

=====================
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 27, 2018 9:45 AM
  • Hello,

Thanks again for your answer.

WSUS enables administrators to manage the distribution of updates and hotfixes. But we can't install OS with WSUS.

==> I know, I just want that the client computers download the Windows 10 installer. After I'll do the install manually on each computer (I can't use one standard iso for all computer beacause they have many specifications that can't be erase).

SSCM seems to just allow to deploy a standard iso on each computer. This is not what I'm looking for. I'm just looking for a soft that can upload the Windows 10 iso on each computer easily (without any timeout problem, because some computers are on very slow internet connexion).

Maybe you have an idea ?

Thanks for your help !

Friday, July 27, 2018 10:33 AM
  • Hello,

What is the version of your client which cannot get the updates?

Best Regards,

Ray Jia

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 30, 2018 3:33 AM
  • Hello,

And sorry for my late answer.

We actually will use an other solution (I don't know which one for now, we're waiting help from an other team on my company).

But my conclusion is that Windows 7 ultimate can't update to windows 10 pro with WSUS.

Thanks for all of your answers !

Tuesday, September 11, 2018 12:16 PM