none
User mailbox size RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Im using XCH 07 with single mailbox database, total users around 50 users. i have one user with large mailbox size, and different between mailbox and outlook. at mailbox, it's 15gb meanwhile at outlook is only 4gb, change between cached and online mode not help. this cause i got warning on exchange server with online maintenance termination with default maintenance schedule (1am-5am) and database size also increasing as that user mailbox size increasing. test with custom longer maintenance scehdule also not help, still got termination due to overlapping (xch backup  exclude when use custom scheudle). appreciate is anyone ever got this problem may share the solution. thanks

manggar77

Monday, January 13, 2014 7:47 AM

All replies

• info, checked between outlook and get-mailboxfolderstatistic, likely it's size is same (4gb). somehow, esm reporting different mailbox size (15gb). is this just because the online maintenance not completed yet? 

manggar77

Monday, January 13, 2014 8:27 AM
  • Hi,

To get the size of a mailbox, we can use the Get-MailboxStatistics cmdlet to obtain information. In Exchange 2007, the ESM no longer exists. Where do you see the different mailbox size (15gb)? Do you mean EMC?

In EMC, Recipient Configuration->Mailbox, right click on the user mailbox and choose Properties, under General tab, you can see the Size.

Best regards,
    Belinda

Belinda Ma
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 3:22 AM
  • Have you tried deleting (or renaming) the OST file at the client and resynchronizing Outlook? That'd be the first thing to try. It may just be a damaged OST file.

If that doesn't fix the problem, I'd move that mailbox to a different database and see if Outlook sees a different (15GB) mailbox size, or it Exchange sees a 4GB mailbox size.

Since you have only one mailbox database the alternative (after making a backup of the database) is to run ISINTEG with all tests on the database (at least twice). That'll fix inconsistencies, one of which is an incorrect computed folder size. The ISINTEG will enumerate the contents of each folder and update the number of items in each folder and the total size of each folder.

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE&I, Exchange MVP

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 10:32 PM
  • hi belinda,

mistypo, yes it's emc. between outlook and get-mailboxfolderstatistic, the size is same. but when checking emc (gui), it's show different size (higher).

manggar77

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 4:19 AM
  • hi Rich,

tried with OST, not solved. i'm looking at isinteg as your suggestion. wll update later

manggar77

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 4:21 AM
  • no changes after checking. any idea what next to be checked?

manggar77

Monday, January 20, 2014 7:41 AM
  • No changes after checking what?

Have you run isinteg in "fix" mode yet?

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE&I, Exchange MVP

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 3:56 AM