none
ProjDateDiff formula and Resume OData Question RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I have the following situation. I want to create a report that shows Tasks that are late based on the Resume field beeing earlier then Now().

I have a Project Online environment so I would need OData feed to consume the information. Too bad, because "Resume" doesn't show up in OData.

My next step was to create a custom field that would show up in OData. So I create a custom field in Project Pro (to test) and  got a nice Flag field using:

IIf(ProjDateDiff(Now();[Resume])<0;1;0)

Works like a charm on the client. But now I want to create the same flag on server and I get this:

This formula contains errors. Correct the formula and try again.

Now my question is twofold:

- Why isn't "Resume" in the OData feed? (no need to answer this, I guess the answer would be "it's by design")

- What would be a correct formula that will help me find tasks with late or no progress?

Kind regards,

Erik v H.

Friday, April 17, 2015 8:46 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Erik,

What about the status field with the values: late, on Schedule, complete, future. It seems to be quite what you are trying to acheive with your formula.

That being said, I could not find the information wheither or not the task status can be retrieved with oData, this should be tested.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Friday, April 17, 2015 9:21 AM
  • Ah Guillaume,

Wouldn't life be great if it was that easy? Thanks for the reminder about the Status field, on Project Client is works like a charm.

However this is another field that isn't available in oData.

Friday, April 17, 2015 9:30 AM
  • Hi Erik,

That formula works for me in PWA, the ony thing I had to do was to change the separator as I have different locale settings:

IIf(ProjDateDiff(Now(), [Resume]) < 0, 1, 0)

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Friday, April 17, 2015 9:41 AM
  • Too bad...

Just a though... Why not using the task timephased actual work (TaskTimephasedData) and the task timephased Baseline actual work (TaskBaselineTimephasedData)?

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Friday, April 17, 2015 9:45 AM
  • Grr, that didn't do the trick for me. Changed the separators to be ; and tried , both without succes.

I'll mark your answer as succes though, I believe its something within my own tennent that's going wrong. Thanks Paul, I'll keep on troubleshooting hope I find the issue.

Guilaume, there isn't always a baseline (I know ... Sinners) haha.

Friday, April 17, 2015 9:50 AM