locked
Proclarity Grand Total issue using Performance Point Server filters RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi ! ... Im having this problem and it is driving me crazy... I hope I can explain it clear... please help me...

    In PROCLARITY...

    On rows I have Regions, on columns I have months.  I have a Grand Total in Proclarity on columns.  When I select all regions, the grand total shows me the correct number... if I select 2 regions, the grand total still correct. 

    SHAREPOINT with performance point filters

    When I go to Sharepoint and use the performance point filters and my view from proclarity... when I select All member in the filter the grand total in proclarity view is correct... but when i select 2 regions on the performance point filter ... it still show the grand total as if i selected all member and this is wrong.  Other thing, if I try to drill down in one of the regions I selected on the filter... the grand total under that drill will show correctly... and if I drill one more time ... still show correct... the issue is only in one level... the regions and filtered by performance.

    Do you have any Idea what could be wrong with this? Is it from the tool? or am I missing something. BTW im using SASS 2005

    thank you in advance

    sincerely

    adriana

    PS.

    I found this on Proclarity help

    Navigation considerations

    When working filtered queries, keep in mind the following behavior:

    • If you pivot a filtered view, the settings apply to the other axis, for example, on Columns rather than on Rows.

    • You cannot apply a filter when subtotals are on Columns.

    • Grand totals are not included in filtering calculations. --> I feel like im not using filtering calculations since is just one indicator... but since im using pps 2007 filters maybe im generating something that is not supposed to work... not sure

    Monday, April 26, 2010 10:30 PM

Answers

  • Thank you very much Larry !!

    I read what you send me... it wasnt the solution to my problem, still I try some stuff that make me think about the real problem.

    I will explain it just in case anyone has the same issue.

    It is easy to solve , hard for me to find out... I try to design my views in a different way that looked too bad for the final user but I got the grand total to work at any level... so I start thinking that if proclarity is using mdx to transfrom de views, maybe the parameter of the filter was sending wrong mdx to proclarity view... since I dont have a multi selector filter in proclarity I couldnt never find out what was wrong in proclarity directly so I went to the filter and the source of it ...and find out that the filter was created with an attribute ...and in my proclarity view was a hierarchy. So in conclusion I had to make a new filter using the hierarchy (even if I select the same attribute it works differently).  Conclusion, performance point filters has to be made of the exactly same thing you are using on proclarity views... if you use attribute on your view...your filter has to be made of attribute and so and so...

    So that´s it... thank you one more time for your attention...

    Sincerely

    Adriana

    Tuesday, April 27, 2010 2:15 PM

All replies

  • Tuesday, April 27, 2010 1:53 PM
  • Thank you very much Larry !!

    I read what you send me... it wasnt the solution to my problem, still I try some stuff that make me think about the real problem.

    I will explain it just in case anyone has the same issue.

    It is easy to solve , hard for me to find out... I try to design my views in a different way that looked too bad for the final user but I got the grand total to work at any level... so I start thinking that if proclarity is using mdx to transfrom de views, maybe the parameter of the filter was sending wrong mdx to proclarity view... since I dont have a multi selector filter in proclarity I couldnt never find out what was wrong in proclarity directly so I went to the filter and the source of it ...and find out that the filter was created with an attribute ...and in my proclarity view was a hierarchy. So in conclusion I had to make a new filter using the hierarchy (even if I select the same attribute it works differently).  Conclusion, performance point filters has to be made of the exactly same thing you are using on proclarity views... if you use attribute on your view...your filter has to be made of attribute and so and so...

    So that´s it... thank you one more time for your attention...

    Sincerely

    Adriana

    Tuesday, April 27, 2010 2:15 PM