none
Analytic Chart row header character limit RRS feed

• Question

•  

I'm trying to figure out how to get a row header in an Analytic Chart to display more than 20 characters.  I've adjusted the width in the CSS file so that the column is nice and wide.  But the text seems to be limited to 20 characters, so I just end up with lots of white space.

Any ideas?

Thursday, January 31, 2008 6:43 AM

Answers

• Are you referring to an Analytic Grid? (I'm assuming so, since charts don't have Row Headers.)

If so, in the Dashboard Designer, on the Edit ribbon, click the View Options button. In the dialog there is a control to turn off shortening of label text on both row and column headers.

Thursday, January 31, 2008 8:15 PM

All replies

• Are you referring to an Analytic Grid? (I'm assuming so, since charts don't have Row Headers.)

If so, in the Dashboard Designer, on the Edit ribbon, click the View Options button. In the dialog there is a control to turn off shortening of label text on both row and column headers.

Thursday, January 31, 2008 8:15 PM
  • Yes, I'm referring to the GRID.  And your tip was spot on.  I was entirely focused on the CSS file.  To get the desired effect, a wider row header is required in the CSS file, and the View Options have to be adjusted as you described.  Thanks!

Thursday, January 31, 2008 9:27 PM