none
How can we change the path of the Preview Folder of Performance Point Dashboard RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I am new to PPS.
    How can we change the Preview location of the PPS dashboard Designer?

I tried doing so by creating a virtual directory at the same location as is of the Preview

http://ppsserver:40000/Preview/

http://mitchellsql:40000/newVirtualDirectory/

when i click Finish to view the project it save that the path does not exists or i do not have access to the path.

I have all the rights to my user and everyone still the problem persists.

please help..
    Thanks
    Kunal..
    Wednesday, May 6, 2009 12:15 PM

Answers

• Hello kunalkamboj,

To point the Preview site to a new folder open up IIS, expand web sites and the PPSMonitoring Web site. Right click on Preview and go to properties. On the Virtual Directory tab there is a local path. You can change that local path to any other location and the Preview sites will be saved to that location.

Is that what you were attempting to do?

Thanks,
    Jon Thomas
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by kunalkamboj Thursday, May 14, 2009 4:10 AM
    Wednesday, May 13, 2009 7:24 PM

All replies

• Hello kunalkamboj,

To point the Preview site to a new folder open up IIS, expand web sites and the PPSMonitoring Web site. Right click on Preview and go to properties. On the Virtual Directory tab there is a local path. You can change that local path to any other location and the Preview sites will be saved to that location.

Is that what you were attempting to do?

Thanks,
    Jon Thomas
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by kunalkamboj Thursday, May 14, 2009 4:10 AM
    Wednesday, May 13, 2009 7:24 PM
  • Hi Jon,

Thanks for your reply. Yes this could actually solve my purpose but i was willing to create other virtual directories rather than using the same "Preview" virtual directory.

Thanks,
    Kunal.
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 4:09 AM