none
outlook 2016 office 365 flag mark not working

Question

• Using Outlook 2016, windows 7, hosted exchange on O365. It also happens on my Windows 10, Outlook 2016 machine.

When I click on a flag it may take a minute or two to show up; if at all. If I use ctrl key to highlight emails with flags and mark them complete nothing happens. I need to highlight them one at a time, then click on compleete for a check mark to appear.

I have created a new outlook profife two times and the issue is still there. I have compacted Otlook and issue is still there. I have changed the flags color and issues are still there.

I have noticed other people i are having simuliar if not the same issue in and outside of domain and tenent. 

Any and all help is appreciated.
    Monday, October 30, 2017 4:43 PM

All replies

• Hi ewjlive,

What's your detailed Outlook 2016 version and Windows 10 version? In Outlook 2016, please click File > Account > About Outlook to collect the version number.

I have no issue when flagging Inbox mail items in Outlook 2016 (16.0.8528.2126) with Windows 10 (version 1709 OS Build 16299.19).

I suggest you can try to start Outlook 2016 in safe mode to narrow down the issue: Press Win+R to open Run in Windows, type Outlook /safe, press Enter. Then try to flag items and confirm if the issue persists.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 31, 2017 7:41 AM
  • Outlook version number is 16.0.4549.1000. This a happening with people running Win 7 and Win 10 machines. I did a Office repair and even created a new profile - issues still exist.
    Friday, November 10, 2017 3:02 PM