No result for search RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, i have been facing the issue as attached for long time.

The search result wont display.

For example i am searching for Wong, it will none for every email (as Attached).

I have moved the emails to local and the condition still remain.

This is really frustrating when looking for some important email.

is there anything i can do to solve this?

Thanks in advance for helping.

Tuesday, January 16, 2018 3:36 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Which version of Microsoft Outlook do you use? Which type of email account are you using? Exchange, IMAP or POP3?

>>I have moved the emails to local and the condition still remain

What does "move the emails to local" refer to? Do you mean move the emails to a local PST file or to your local drive?

Meanwhile, I'd recommend you follow the troubleshooting guide in the following Microsoft KB article to try fixing the issue:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/2769651/outlook-search-returns-no-matches-found

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Thursday, January 18, 2018 9:47 AM
    Wednesday, January 17, 2018 3:12 AM
  • Hi,                                                                                     

Just checking in to see if the information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, January 30, 2018 9:21 AM
  • Hi,

Are you searching using the "All Mailboxes" scope? If this is the case, you may hit a know issue. 

The issue is currently fixed in Monthly Channel Version 1712 (Build 8827.2179). To get the latest update immediately, open Outlook and choose File > Office Account > Update Options > Update Now.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Steve Fan

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Thursday, February 8, 2018 8:40 AM
    Thursday, February 8, 2018 8:40 AM