Firewall Issue between WAP and ADFS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have configured a Web Application Proxy server and AD FS server for our reverse proxy. This setup is used to access multiple websites with different domains too using one public IP.  

WebServers -> (AD, DNS & ADFS) single server -> WAP -> Firewall -> Internet

All the servers are enable firewall.

Now the issue is, the webservers are accessible only when i off the firewall in WAP server only.  If i enable firewall in WAP server, those domains cannot be accessible from internet. I have created inbound, outbound rules with 80 443 49443 in WAP server and also in AD FS. Nothing works.

Did I miss anything ?? please help me. thank you in advance

Regards,

Bharath

Monday, June 19, 2017 6:36 AM

Answers

• The default Outbound rule for the Windows Firewall is set to Allow traffic. So you must have something missing on the Inbound side of it. Make sure enabled the inbound rules for 443 and 49443 (and 80 if you are using ADFS 2016 and use the 80 to 443 redirection) on all firewall profiles of your WAP. Also, enabled the logs for all profiles and look at it if you see the request being dropped.

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Tuesday, June 20, 2017 4:50 PM