none
The credentials used for the account AM\SPFarm expired on 7/14/2016 3:03:58 PM, and need to be updated in SharePoint 2013

Question

• Hi, In my SharePoint 2013 i have some manged accounts and in Event viewer all accounts getting below message:

"The credentials used for the account AM\spfarm expired on 7/14/2016 3:03:21 PM, and need to be updated. If they are not updated, the system may stop working"

The same error is also seen for other managed accounts such as web application pool accounts and service application accounts.

I ran the following command:
    Get-SPManagedAccount | select UserName, Password*
    and the output was as follows:

Username                   PasswordLastChanged        PasswordExpiration
    --------                   -------------------        ------------------
    AM\spfarm                 4/15/2016 3:02:27 PM       7/14/2016 3:02:27 PM
    AM\SPapool                4/15/2016 3:02:49 PM       7/14/2016 3:02:49 PM

-------

In AD, these domain accounts are configured so that their password never expires. In SharePoint, automatic password change is NOT set for any of the managed accounts. So, I'm not sure why this message coming.

Everything working as expected in Farm, please guide.

Friday, March 03, 2017 2:11 PM

Answers

• Ignore it. At one point they likely were set to not expire and SharePoint is aware of that. You can, if I recall, also set the current password in the manage accounts page and it should be aware from then on that it the password is set to not expire.

Trevor Seward

Office Servers and Services MVP

Author, Deploying SharePoint 2016

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Friday, March 03, 2017 3:39 PM

All replies

• Ignore it. At one point they likely were set to not expire and SharePoint is aware of that. You can, if I recall, also set the current password in the manage accounts page and it should be aware from then on that it the password is set to not expire.

Trevor Seward

Office Servers and Services MVP

Author, Deploying SharePoint 2016

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Friday, March 03, 2017 3:39 PM
  • Hello, double check if a policy (gpo) is not set to your domain regarding the accounts or managed accounts.

But if everything is working fine.

Friday, March 03, 2017 3:50 PM