none
How do I disable CryptoAPI? RRS feed

• Question

• Outlook will not let me send email.

This problem started about 3 days ago. Never had this happen before.
    Tuesday, September 18, 2018 6:55 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    The Cryptographic Application Programming Interface known as CryptoAPI is used to secure Windows-based applications using cryptography. It is a set of dynamically linked libraries that provides an abstraction layer which isolates programmers from the code used to encrypt the data.

It includes functionality for encrypting and decrypting data and for authentication using digital certificates. It works with CSP which supplied by vendors to work with their hardwares.

It's securer for you to use this API for your Windows based applications.

For your Outlook issue, I suggest you submit a new case on office forum as they will be more professional on your issue:

This is the office forum link.
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/home?category=officeitpro

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 19, 2018 4:19 AM